C I Henschke
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Early Lung Cancer Action Project: overall design and findings from baseline screeningC I Henschke
Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, NY 10021, USA
Lancet 354:99-105. 1999..The Early Lung Cancer Action Project (ELCAP) is designed to evaluate baseline and annual repeat screening by low-radiation-dose computed tomography (low-dose CT) in people at high risk of lung cancer. We report the baseline experience...
- Early lung cancer action project: a summary of the findings on baseline screeningC I Henschke
Department of Radiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncologist 6:147-52. 2001..CONCLUSION: Baseline CT screening for lung cancer provides for detecting the disease at earlier and presumably more commonly curable stages in a cost-effective manner...
- Small pulmonary nodules: evaluation with repeat CT--preliminary experienceD F Yankelevitz
Department of Radiology, New York Hospital Cornell University Medical Center, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 212:561-6. 1999..To assess the use of early repeat computed tomography (CT) of solitary pulmonary nodules to determine nodule growth...
- A consensus statement of the Society of Thoracic Radiology: screening for lung cancer with helical computed tomographyD R Aberle
Department of Radiology, New York Hospital Cornell, Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Imaging 16:65-8. 2001..Suitable subjects who wish to participate should be encouraged to do so in controlled trials, so that the value of CT screening can be ascertained as soon as possible...
- Guidelines for the use of spiral computed tomography in screening for lung cancerC I Henschke
Dept of Radiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Eur Respir J Suppl 39:45s-51s. 2003..These two factors influence when, if ever, to begin screening, and if it is initiated, when to discontinue it. Finally, cost-effectiveness of the screening program should also be considered...
- Small pulmonary nodules: volumetrically determined growth rates based on CT evaluationD F Yankelevitz
Department of Radiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Building Starr 8A23, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiology 217:251-6. 2000..To determine the accuracy of high-resolution computed tomographic (CT) volumetric measurements of small pulmonary nodules to assess growth and malignancy status...
- Incidence and cytological features of pulmonary hamartomas indeterminate on CT scanA Saqi
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, USA
Cytopathology 19:185-91. 2008..Rendering an accurate preoperative diagnosis in these cases can alter management. The aim of this study was to determine the incidence and accuracy of cytodiagnosis for hamartomas 'indeterminate' by imaging...
- IV international conference on prevention and early detection of lung cancer, Reykjavik, Iceland, August 9-12, 2001Fred R Hirsch
Department of Medical Oncology Pathology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, B 188, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Lung Cancer 37:325-44. 2002
- The Liverpool Statement 2005: priorities for the European Union/United States spiral computed tomography collaborative groupJ K Field
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Research Programme, The University of Liverpool Cancer Research Centre, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Thorac Oncol 1:497-8. 2006..The EU-US researchers have agreed to a number of long-term objectives and to explore strategic areas for harmonization of complementary investigations...
- Early lung cancer action project: annual screening using single-slice helical CTC I Henschke
Department of Radiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 952:124-34. 2001..A discussion follows of the meaning of the results and possible future screening protocols...
- CT screening for lung cancer: coping with nihilistic recommendationsO S Miettinen
Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Radiology 221:592-6; discussion 597. 2001....
- Smoking cessation following CT screening for early detection of lung cancerJ S Ostroff
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Prev Med 33:613-21. 2001....
- Molecular characterization of small peripheral lung tumors based on the analysis of fine needle aspiratesI Zudaire
Oncology Division, Center for Applied Medical Research, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Schools of Medicine and Sciences, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Histol Histopathol 23:33-40. 2008..001). In conclusion, molecular analysis of FNA specimens may provide useful information at preoperative stages. In our series, a good prognostic profile in subsolid early detected adenocarcinomas is suggested...