Affiliation: Cornell University
- Functional neuroimaging in geriatric depressionFaith M Gunning
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 34:403-22, viii. 2011..Furthermore, geriatric depression provides a logical context within which to study the role of specific functional abnormalities in both antidepressant response and key behavioral and cognitive abnormalities of mood disorders...
- MRI signal hyperintensities and treatment remission of geriatric depressionFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, White Plains, NY, United States
J Affect Disord 126:395-401. 2010..We hypothesized that patients who failed to remit during a 12-week controlled treatment trial of escitalopram would exhibit greater SH burden than patients who remitted...
- Anterior cingulate cortical volumes and treatment remission of geriatric depressionFaith M Gunning
Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, White Plains, NY, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:829-36. 2009..We hypothesized that patients who failed to remit during a 12-week controlled treatment trial of escitalopram would exhibit smaller anterior cingulate gray matter volumes than patients who remitted...
- Aging of cerebral white matter: a review of MRI findingsFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:109-17. 2009..Structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to identify and quantify non-disease-related aging of the cerebral white matter...
- Executive dysfunction in elderly bipolar manic patientsFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:506-12. 2008..This study used neuropsychological measures of executive skills to examine the functioning of frontostriatal networks in elderly bipolar patients...
- Macromolecular white matter abnormalities in geriatric depression: a magnetization transfer imaging studyFaith M Gunning-Dixon
Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry and the Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:255-62. 2008..The objective of this study was to identify subtle white matter abnormalities in late-life depression...
- Executive dysfunction and the course of geriatric depressionGeorge S Alexopoulos
Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 21 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:204-10. 2005..This study examined the relationship of executive impairment to the course of depressive symptoms among elderly patients with major depression...
- Placebo response and antidepressant responseGeorge S Alexopoulos
Weill Cornell Institute of Geriatric Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, NY, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:149-58. 2007..This study focused on the placebo lead-in phase and examines whether change in severity of depression during placebo lead-in predicts change in depressive symptoms during antidepressant treatment...
- Sex differences in temporo-limbic and frontal brain volumes of healthy adultsRuben C Gur
Department of Psychiatry, Brain Behavior Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cereb Cortex 12:998-1003. 2002..002). The larger volume of cortex devoted to emotional modulation may relate to behavioral evidence for sex differences in emotion processing...
- Working memory for complex figures: an fMRI comparison of letter and fractal n-back tasksJ Daniel Ragland
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Neuropsychology 16:370-9. 2002..Results support fractal n-back validity and indicate substantial overlap in working memory functions of dorsal and ventral PFC...
- Aging, sexual dimorphism, and hemispheric asymmetry of the cerebral cortex: replicability of regional differences in volumeNaftali Raz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 25:377-96. 2004....
- Age-related differences in the course of cognitive skill acquisition: the role of regional cortical shrinkage and cognitive resourcesDenise Head
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Psychol Aging 17:72-84. 2002..When hypertensive participants were excluded, the effect of prefrontal shrinkage on executive aspects of performance was no longer significant, but the effect of working memory remained...
- Differential aging of the human striatum: longitudinal evidenceNaftali Raz
Institute of Gerontology and Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit MI, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1849-56. 2003....
- Lack of normal association between cerebellar volume and neuropsychological functions in first-episode schizophreniaPhilip R Szeszko
Department of Psychiatry Research, Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, NY 11004, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1884-7. 2003..Few studies, however, have examined the relationship between cerebellar size and neuropsychological functioning in schizophrenia. The authors' goal was to examine this relationship in patients and healthy comparison subjects...
- Reversed cerebellar asymmetry in men with first-episode schizophreniaPhilip R Szeszko
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:450-9. 2003..In this study, we investigated whether patients experiencing first-episode schizophrenia differed from healthy comparison subjects in regional cerebellar volumes or cerebellar asymmetry...
- Prefrontal volumes in habitually violent subjects with antisocial personality disorder and type 2 alcoholismMikko P Laakso
Department of Neurology, Kuopio University Hospital, 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Psychiatry Res 114:95-102. 2002..Moreover, no significant correlations between any of the volumes and the degree of psychopathy were found...