Lorraine J Gudas
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Trasino S, Tang X, Jessurun J, Gudas L. A retinoic acid receptor Î²2 agonist reduces hepatic stellate cell activation in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:1143-1151 pubmed..Retinoids and retinoic acid receptors (RARs) possess favorable metabolic modulating properties. â€¢ We show that an agonist for retinoic acid receptor-Î²2 (RARÎ²2), but not RARÎ³, mitigates HSC activation and NAFLD. ..
- Gudas L, Wagner J. Retinoids regulate stem cell differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:322-30 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies of retinoid signaling continue to suggest novel drug targets and will improve therapeutic strategies for cancer and other diseases, such as immune-mediated inflammatory diseases. ..
- Gudas L. Retinoids induce stem cell differentiation via epigenetic changes. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2013;24:701-5 pubmed publisher..A more complete understanding of retinoid-dependent stem cell differentiation should reward us with new insights into the failure to maintain a differentiated state that is an essential part of neoplastic cell transformation and cancer. ..
- Urvalek A, Gudas L. Retinoic acid and histone deacetylases regulate epigenetic changes in embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:19519-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show that HDACs differentially bind to RA-regulated genes to control key epigenetic marks involved in stem cell differentiation. ..
- Minton D, Fu L, Mongan N, Shevchuk M, Nanus D, Gudas L. Role of NADH Dehydrogenase (Ubiquinone) 1 Alpha Subcomplex 4-Like 2 in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:2791-801 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data show that NDUFA4L2 is a novel molecular target for ccRCC treatment. Clin Cancer Res; 22(11); 2791-801. ©2016 AACR. ..