Jonathan T Butcher
Affiliation: Cornell University
- Wu S, Duan B, Qin X, Butcher J. Living nano-micro fibrous woven fabric/hydrogel composite scaffolds for heart valve engineering. Acta Biomater. 2017;51:89-100 pubmed publisher..This work marks the first report of a combination composite scaffold using 3D hydrogel enhanced by nano-micro fibrous woven fabric, and represents a promising tissue engineering strategy to treat heart valve injury. ..
- Bowen C, Zhou J, Sung D, Butcher J. Cadherin-11 coordinates cellular migration and extracellular matrix remodeling during aortic valve maturation. Dev Biol. 2015;407:145-57 pubmed publisher..Transfection of Cad-11 depleted cells with constitutively active RhoA restored cell phenotypes. Together, these results identify cadherin-11 mediated adhesive signaling for proper remodeling of the embryonic semilunar valves. ..
- Sung D, Bowen C, Vaidya K, Zhou J, Chapurin N, Recknagel A, et al. Cadherin-11 Overexpression Induces Extracellular Matrix Remodeling and Calcification in Mature Aortic Valves. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:1627-37 pubmed publisher..The findings provide a potential molecular target for clinical treatment. ..
- Farrar E, Pramil V, Richards J, Mosher C, Butcher J. Valve interstitial cell tensional homeostasis directs calcification and extracellular matrix remodeling processes via RhoA signaling. Biomaterials. 2016;105:25-37 pubmed publisher..Osteogenesis disrupts interstitial cell mechanical phenotype and drives disorganization, nodule formation, and pro-calcific signaling via a RhoA-dependent mechanism. ..
- Wu S, Duan B, Qin X, Butcher J. Nanofiber-structured hydrogel yarns with pH-response capacity and cardiomyocyte-drivability for bio-microactuator application. Acta Biomater. 2017;60:144-153 pubmed publisher..Our nanofibrous hydrogel yarn holds the potential to be developed into novel linear and biological microactuators for various biomedical applications. ..