Karan M Emerick
Affiliation: Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Bile composition in Alagille Syndrome and PFIC patients having Partial External Biliary DiversionKaran M Emerick
Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 8:47. 2008..PEBD can reduce disease progression, and examining the alterations in biliary lipid composition may be a prognostic factor for outcome...
- Regional variation and use of exception letters for cadaveric liver allocation in children with chronic liver diseasePaolo R Salvalaggio
Department of Surgery, The Siragusa Transplantation Center, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago 60614, IL, USA
Am J Transplant 5:1868-74. 2005..Regional variation suggests that PELD has not resulted in standardization of listing practices in pediatric liver transplantation...
- Partial external biliary diversion for intractable pruritus and xanthomas in Alagille syndromeKaran M Emerick
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Hepatology 35:1501-6. 2002..PEBD should be considered as a therapeutic option for these patients before referral for liver transplantation because of morbid complications...
- Nonmyeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplant for X-linked hyper-immunoglobulin m syndrome with cholangiopathyDavid A Jacobsohn
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology Transplant, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 113:e122-7. 2004..We explored nonmyeloablative HSCT in 2 patients with X-HIM syndrome. Nonmyeloablative HSCT without liver transplant for X-HIM syndrome, to our knowledge, has not been described previously...
- Intracranial vascular abnormalities in patients with Alagille syndromeKaran M Emerick
Division of Gastroenterology, The Children s Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:99-107. 2005....
- Recombinant factor VIIa improves coagulopathy caused by liver failureJeffrey B Brown
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:268-72. 2003..The benefit of traditional therapies to correct coagulation is often limited and short-lived. Our aim is to identify indications for rFVIIa use and the outcome of treatment in children with liver failure...
- Effect of six-food elimination diet on clinical and histologic outcomes in eosinophilic esophagitisAmir F Kagalwalla
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:1097-102. 2006..However, compliance with an exclusive, poor-tasting liquid formulation is difficult...