Edward J Cone
- Prescription opioids. I. Metabolism and excretion patterns of oxycodone in urine following controlled single dose administrationEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Anal Toxicol 37:255-64. 2013..These data provide information that should facilitate the selection of appropriate test parameters for OC in urine and assist in the interpretation of test results...
- An iterative model for in vitro laboratory assessment of tamper deterrent formulationsEdward J Cone
Pinney Associates, Bethesda, MD, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 131:100-5. 2013..Standards for laboratory assessment of tamper deterrent properties of new formulations have not previously been developed...
- Urine testing for norcodeine, norhydrocodone, and noroxycodone facilitates interpretation and reduces false negativesEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Forensic Sci Int 198:58-61. 2010....
- Prescription opioids. II. Metabolism and excretion patterns of hydrocodone in urine following controlled single-dose administrationEdward J Cone
1 Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Anal Toxicol 37:486-94. 2013..Creatinine corrections of HC urinary data had variable effects of lowering or raising concentrations. These data suggest that drug-testing requirements for HC should include a hydrolysis step and a test for HM. ..
- Oral fluid results compared to self reports of recent cocaine and heroin use by methadone maintenance patientsEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Forensic Sci Int 215:88-91. 2012..The addition of oral fluid testing to these programs would provide objective information on recent drug use...
- Urine drug testing of chronic pain patients: licit and illicit drug patternsEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Anal Toxicol 32:530-43. 2008..8%. Being the first study of this type, these data present a large array of information on licit and illicit drug use, drug detection frequencies, drug/metabolite patterns, and multi-drug use combinations in pain patients...
- Normalization of urinary drug concentrations with specific gravity and creatinineEdward J Cone
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Anal Toxicol 33:1-7. 2009..Drug/metabolite concentration normalization by these procedures is recommended for urine testing programs, especially as a means of coping with dilute specimens...
- Pharmacokinetics of cocaine and metabolites in human oral fluid and correlation with plasma concentrations after controlled administrationKarl B Scheidweiler
Chemistry and Drug Metabolism, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Ther Drug Monit 32:628-37. 2010..Oral fluid is an attractive alternative matrix for drug testing with a noninvasive and directly observed collection, but there are few controlled cocaine administration studies to guide interpretation...