Jeffrey L Zitsman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Comparative outcomes of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in adolescents and adultsJeffrey L Zitsman
Department of Surgery, Center for Adolescent Bariatric Surgery and Center for Obesity Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 7:720-6. 2011..Obesity is a major health problem in all age groups. Morbidly obese adolescents often fail to lose weight with diet and exercise and, as adults, become candidates for surgical intervention...
- Current concepts in minimal access surgery for childrenJeffrey L Zitsman
Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Pediatrics 111:1239-52. 2003..Increased operative costs offset some of these gains. The pediatric surgical community has embraced minimal access techniques for some operations; others remain controversial...
- Pediatric minimal-access surgery: update 2006Jeffrey L Zitsman
Division of Pediatric Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pediatrics 118:304-8. 2006..Randomized, controlled studies have been difficult to perform because of parent, patient, and physician selection bias...
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in adolescents: short-term resultsJeffrey L Zitsman
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:157-62. 2011..Children and adolescents who fail to lose weight through diet and exercise programs have been offered weight loss surgery for several years. We report our early results on laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) in 100 teenagers...
- Gastric tube-pericardial fistula: a remote complication of esophageal replacement for long gap esophageal atresiaAlejandro R Ruiz-Elizalde
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:1440-2. 2009..We report the case of a gastric tube-pericardial fistula occurring 20 years after initial repair of long gap esophageal atresia with a reversed gastric tube...
- Psychological outcomes and predictors of initial weight loss outcomes among severely obese adolescents receiving laparoscopic adjustable gastric bandingRobyn Sysko
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 98, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:1351-7. 2012....
- Hepatic pulmonary fusion in an infant with a right-sided congenital diaphragmatic hernia and contralateral mediastinal shiftJeffrey W Gander
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:265-8. 2010..Four of the previous 9 patients died. In our case, reduction of bowel and approximation of the diaphragmatic defect around the fused liver and lung have been successful...