Affiliation: Columbia University
- Measurement of human daily physical activityKuan Zhang
New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital New York, New York 10025, USA
Obes Res 11:33-40. 2003..To validate a new device, Intelligent Device for Energy Expenditure and Activity (IDEEA), for the measurement of duration, frequency, and intensity of various types of human physical activity (PA)...
- Assessment of human locomotion by using an insole measurement system and artificial neural networksKuan Zhang
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, Room 1017, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Biomech 38:2276-87. 2005..It provides an alternative tool to the use of a gait lab to quantitatively study locomotion with high accuracy via a small, light and portable device, and to do so under free-living conditions for the clinical applications...
- Sleeping metabolic rate in relation to body mass index and body compositionK Zhang
Institute of Human Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:376-83. 2002..Specifically to determine the relationship between changes in SMR and body weight, body mass index (BMI, kg/m(2)), and fat-free mass (FFM); and to compare resting metabolic rate (RMR) with SMR during different periods of sleep...
- Improving energy expenditure estimation for physical activityKuan Zhang
NY Obesity Research Center, St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital and Institute of Human Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10025, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:883-9. 2004..An additional aim was to improve the accuracy of the estimation of energy expenditure of physical activity based on second-by-second information of type, onset, and duration of activity...
- Resting energy expenditure: systematic organization and critique of prediction methodsZ Wang
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Obes Res 9:331-6. 2001....
- Energy balance in early-stage Huntington diseaseAnn M Gaba
Department of Food and Nutrition Services, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1335-41. 2005..Huntington disease (HD) is a genetic neurologic disorder. Weight loss is common in HD and is related to progression of the disease, but the cause of weight loss remains unclear...
- Higher post-absorptive skeletal muscle LPL activity in African American vs. non-Hispanic White pre-menopausal womenEvan S Berk
New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Hospital, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:199-201. 2008..Higher post-absorptive post-heparin plasma lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity has been reported in African Americans as compared to non-Hispanic whites but differences in tissue-specific LPL activity are unclear...
- Improving Energy Cost Estimation of Physical ActivityKuan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..