Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilinsChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 307:265-8. 2005..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning...
- PlexinA1 signaling directs the segregation of proprioceptive sensory axons in the developing spinal cordYutaka Yoshida
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuron 52:775-88. 2006..Our findings reveal a dedicated program of axonal shaft positioning in the mammalian CNS and establish a role for plexinA1-mediated axonal exclusion in organizing the projection pattern of spinal sensory afferents...
- Optic chiasm presentation of Semaphorin6D in the context of Plexin-A1 and Nr-CAM promotes retinal axon midline crossingTakaaki Kuwajima
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 74:676-90. 2012..These findings suggest a mechanism by which a complex of Sema6D, Nr-CAM, and Plexin-A1 at the chiasm midline alters the sign of Sema6D and signals Nr-CAM/Plexin-A1 receptors on RGCs to implement the contralateral RGC projection...
- Conditional rhythmicity of ventral spinal interneurons defined by expression of the Hb9 homeodomain proteinJennifer M Wilson
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1X5, Canada
J Neurosci 25:5710-9. 2005....
- Gating of Sema3E/PlexinD1 signaling by neuropilin-1 switches axonal repulsion to attraction during brain developmentSophie Chauvet
Developmental Biology Institute of Marseille Luminy, CNRS UMR 6216, University of Mediterranee, Case 907, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Neuron 56:807-22. 2007..Our data therefore reveal a "gating" function of neuropilins in semaphorin-plexin signaling during the assembly of forebrain neuronal circuits...
- Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax induces an aberrant clustering of the tumor suppressor Scribble through the PDZ domain-binding motif dependent and independent interactionMasaaki Okajima
Division of Virology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata, 951 8510, Japan
Virus Genes 37:231-40. 2008..These results suggest that Tax1 through two binding sites induce aberrant clustering of Scribble, thereby altering the functions in HTLV-1-infected cells, which may thus play a role in persistent HTLV-1 infection and the pathogenesis...
- Ctip2 controls the differentiation of medium spiny neurons and the establishment of the cellular architecture of the striatumPaola Arlotta
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School Center for Nervous System Repair, Nayef Al Rodhan Laboratories, Department of Neurosurgery, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 28:622-32. 2008..Together, these data indicate that Ctip2 is a critical regulator of MSN differentiation, striatal patch development, and the establishment of the cellular architecture of the striatum...
- Time course of expression of intermediate filament protein vimentin, nestin and desmin in rat renal glomerular injuryJun Zou
Department of Pharmacy, School of Medical Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1203-5. 2007
- PlexinD1 deficiency induces defects in axial skeletal morphogenesisTomoatsu Kanda
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 3 10 Kanda Surugadai 2 Chome, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
J Cell Biochem 101:1329-37. 2007..However, PlexinD1 heterozygous knockout did not reveal defects in new bone formation. In conclusion, PlexinD1 is involved in the patterning of axial skeletogenesis...
- Upregulation of nestin, vimentin, and desmin in rat podocytes in response to injuryJun Zou
Department of Structural Pathology, Institute of Nephrology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:485-92. 2006..An upregulation of IF proteins may increase the mechanical stability of cells, thus enabling podocytes to undergo morphological changes on the tensile glomerular capillary wall...
- Tob proteins enhance inhibitory Smad-receptor interactions to repress BMP signalingYutaka Yoshida
Department of Oncology, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108, Japan
Mech Dev 120:629-37. 2003..Our results provide both in vitro and in vivo evidence that Tob inhibits endogenous BMP signaling by facilitating inhibitory Smad functions...
- Role of megalin in endocytosis of advanced glycation end products: implications for a novel protein binding to both megalin and advanced glycation end productsAkihiko Saito
Division of Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1123-31. 2003..In conclusion, megalin functions for endocytosis of AGE via an indirect mechanism. L2 cells express novel AGE-binding proteins, one of which may interact with megalin...