Affiliation: Columbia University
- Factors associated with use of mental health services for depression by children and adolescentsP Wu
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:189-95. 2001..This study examined patterns of mental health service use among depressed children and adolescents and factors associated with help seeking and treatment modalities...
- Factors associated with adolescent utilization of alcohol treatment servicesPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 28:353-69. 2002..This study examined factors associated with adolescents' use of alcohol treatment services...
- The relationship between anxiety and substance use disorders among individuals with severe affective disordersRenee D Goodwin
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University School of Public Health, New York, NY 1032, USA
Compr Psychiatry 43:245-52. 2002..Future work is needed to determine the nature of this association and to determine whether treatment of one prevents onset of the other...
- Relationship between specific adverse life events and psychiatric disordersQ Q Tiet
Columbia University, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 29:153-64. 2001..This study suggests that certain psychiatric disorders may be more closely associated with adverse life events than other psychiatric disorders are, and that some adverse life events seem to be related to specific types of disorders...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine among women with depression: results of a national surveyPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 43, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:349-56. 2007....
- Culture and psychiatric symptoms in Puerto Rican children: longitudinal results from one ethnic group in two contextsCristiane S Duarte
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University NY State Psychiatric Institute, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:563-72. 2008....
- The relationship between depressive symptom levels and subsequent increases in substance use among youth with severe emotional disturbancePing Wu
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:520-7. 2008..This study examined the relationship between levels of depressive symptoms and subsequent increases in substance use among 784 youth with severe emotional disturbance enrolled in Medicaid-funded behavioral health care plans...
- Alcohol abuse/dependence symptoms among hospital employees exposed to a SARS outbreakPing Wu
Mailman School of Public Health, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 43, NY 10032, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 43:706-12. 2008....
- Parental exposure to mass violence and child mental health: the First Responder and WTC Evacuee StudyChristina W Hoven
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 12:95-112. 2009....
- The psychological impact of the SARS epidemic on hospital employees in China: exposure, risk perception, and altruistic acceptance of riskPing Wu
Departments of Psychiatry and Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Can J Psychiatry 54:302-11. 2009..We examined the psychological impact of the 2003 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) on hospital employees in Beijing, China...
- Factors associated with initiation of ecstasy use among US adolescents: findings from a national surveyPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 106:193-8. 2010....
- Mental health service use among suicidal adolescents: findings from a U.S. national community surveyPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:17-24. 2010..This study assessed patterns of mental health service use among adolescents who had attempted suicide and examined factors associated with their service use at individual, family, and community levels...
- The relationship between anxiety disorders and substance use among adolescents in the community: specificity and gender differencesPing Wu
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Youth Adolesc 39:177-88. 2010..Future studies based on longitudinal data could further elucidate the relationships among anxiety disorders, gender, and substance use...
- Trauma, posttraumatic stress symptoms, and alcohol-use initiation in childrenPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, Unit 43, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 71:326-34. 2010..This study examined initiation of alcohol use among adolescents, in relation to their earlier traumatic experiences and symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Ecstasy use among US adolescents from 1999 to 2008Ping Wu
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Unit 43, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 112:33-8. 2010..To investigate trends in rates of ecstasy use among US adolescents from 1999 to 2008, and to examine the associations between the major sociodemographic factors, especially gender, and ecstasy use, during this period...
- Attack-related life disruption and child psychopathology in New York City public schoolchildren 6-months post-9/11Jonathan S Comer
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:460-9. 2010..Future postdisaster efforts must, in addition to ensuring the availability of mental health services for proximally exposed youth, maintain a focus on youth burdened by disaster-related life disruption...
- Childhood depressive symptoms and early onset of alcohol usePing Wu
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pediatrics 118:1907-15. 2006....
- Substance use, suicidal ideation and attempts in children and adolescentsPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, NY 10032, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 34:408-20. 2004..The associations between substance use/abuse and suicidal ideation were no longer significant after controlling for depression. These findings highlight the important role that substance use plays in adolescent suicidal behaviors...
- Exposure to the World Trade Center attack and the use of cigarettes and alcohol among New York City public high-school studentsPing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University NYSPI, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 43, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 96:804-7. 2006..06). Our findings suggest that targeted substance-use interventions for youths may be warranted after large-scale disasters...
- Posttraumatic stress in children with first responders in their familiesCristiane S Duarte
Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
J Trauma Stress 19:301-6. 2006..Where EMTs are drawn from disadvantaged groups, one implication of this study is to target EMT families in any mental health interventions for children of first responders...
- Factors associated with adolescents receiving drug treatment: findings from the National Household Survey on Drug AbusePing Wu
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 43, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 30:190-201. 2003..The results call for an improved service delivery system. Screening for drug problems in primary care settings, at school, and in mental health programs will help in the early identification and treatment of drug use disorders in youth...
- Psychopathology among New York city public school children 6 months after September 11Christina W Hoven
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:545-52. 2005..The prevalence of child psychopathology, however, has not been assessed in a population-based sample exposed to different levels of mass trauma or across a range of disorders...
- Factor structure of the Youth Coping In Traumatic Times (YCITT) scaleMaria E Paasivirta
Division of Child Psychiatry, Columbia University NYSPI, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatry Res 179:357-62. 2010..When used in large-scale assessments of future mass traumatic events, the measure can provide relevant information about youth coping strategies across four key coping domains...
- What predicts illicit drug use versus police-registered drug offending? Findings from the Finnish "From a Boy to a Man" birth cohort studySolja Niemela
Department of Psychiatry, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:697-704. 2008..To study whether drug offenders differ in childhood and in early adulthood from those who only report using illicit drugs...
- [Study on hereditary toxicity of bass wood dust]Ping Wu
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100054, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 20:119-21. 2002..To explore the genotoxicity of bass wood dust...
- [Contrastive analysis of volatile oil from Serissa serissoides in different seasons]Shi Feng Ni
Institute of Plant Sciences, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:54-8. 2004..To provide the foundation for reasonable utilization by analysing the essential oils from Serissa serissoides in different seasons...
- Disclosure of natural product use to primary care physicians: a cross-sectional survey of naturopathic clinic attendeesJason W Busse
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mayo Clin Proc 80:616-23. 2005..To determine factors that predict disclosure of natural product use by patients to their primary care physicians...
- The effects of green tea consumption on incidence of breast cancer and recurrence of breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisDugald Seely
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Integr Cancer Ther 4:144-55. 2005..Green tea is widely used by women for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. The authors aimed to determine the efficacy of green tea ingestion on the risk of breast cancer development and the risk of breast cancer recurrence...
- Complementary therapies for the treatment of HIV: in search of the evidenceEdward Mills
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, HSC 2C12, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5, Canada
Int J STD AIDS 16:395-403. 2005..Vis à vis CAM's popularity, the paucity of clinical trials and their low methodological quality are concerning...
- Attitudes towards fibromyalgia: a survey of Canadian chiropractic, naturopathic, physical therapy and occupational therapy studentsJason W Busse
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:24. 2008....
- [One case of acute organophosphorus pesticide poisoning]Ping Wu
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:393. 2006
- Identification of early disease progression in an ALS rat modelJason R Thonhoff
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0620, USA
Neurosci Lett 415:264-8. 2007..Thus, these tests may be used in addition to peak bodyweight to monitor early disease progression and to assay efficacy of new therapeutic interventions...