JENNIFER PELT contact WISDOM
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Perspectives on adolescent residential substance abuse treatment: when are adolescents done?Jennifer P Wisdom
Division of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:817-21. 2010..The study evaluated responses from adolescents in substance abuse treatment, their parents, and treatment staff to the question of what constitutes treatment success...
- Health disparities between women with and without disabilities: a review of the researchJennifer P Wisdom
Department Psychiatry, Columbia University, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Soc Work Public Health 25:368-86. 2010..Results reflect apparent health disparities between women with and without disabilities. Challenges for the field exist in standardizing disability definitions and determining a future course for health disparity research and policy...
- Another breed of "service" animals: STARS study findings about pet ownership and recovery from serious mental illnessJennifer P Wisdom
Department of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 79:430-6. 2009..Participants' reports of pet-related contributions to their well-being provide impetus to conduct more formal research on the mechanisms by which pets contribute to recovery and to develop pet-based interventions...
- Women's health policies associated with obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and smoking: a follow-up on the women's health report cardJennifer P Wisdom
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10031, USA
Women Health 48:103-22. 2008..Antidiscrimination policies were prominent for high blood pressure, smoking, and obesity; models accounted for significant variance for all outcomes. State policies that support women may improve women's health...
- Preparing to implement medication algorithms: staff perspectives and system infrastructureJennifer P Wisdom
Columbia University, New York, NY 10031, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 14:209-15. 2008..The extent to which staff concerns, values, and needs are anticipated and promptly and responsively addressed is likely have a major influence on successful implementation...
- Challenges substance abuse treatment agencies faced in adoption of computer-based technology to improve assessmentJennifer Wisdom
Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Box 100, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:158-69. 2008..Staff experienced barriers in technology-related training, logistical challenges in integrating the technology, and sustaining the technology...
- 'Stealing me from myself': identity and recovery in personal accounts of mental illnessJennifer P Wisdom
Columbia University, Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:489-95. 2008....
- Substance abuse treatment programs' data management capacity: an exploratory studyJennifer P Wisdom
Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 38:249-64. 2011..Infusion of expertise, training, and funding are needed to improve substance abuse treatment programs' IT-related systems and data management processes...
- Significant others and gambling treatment outcomesPrajkta J Ingle
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Gambl Stud 24:381-92. 2008..This study investigates the effect of significant others on treatment outcomes among treated pathological gamblers...
- Process improvement needs in substance abuse treatment: admissions walk-through resultsJames H Ford
Center for Health Systems Research and Analysis, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 33:379-89. 2007..Although the findings from our analyses are descriptive and exploratory, they suggest the value of walk-through exercises for program assessment and program-level factors that may affect treatment access and retention...
- Addiction treatment agencies' use of data: a qualitative assessmentJennifer P Wisdom
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 33:394-407. 2006....
- Family heritage and depression guides: family and peer views influence adolescent attitudes about depressionJennifer P Wisdom
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, 3800 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97227, USA
J Adolesc 30:333-46. 2007..Siblings bridged the roles of peer and family, influencing teens' choices about accessing treatment. These findings suggest that family and peers should be included during teens' depression treatment...
- What teens want: barriers to seeking care for depressionJennifer P Wisdom
Department of Public Health, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, CB 669, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 33:133-45. 2006..To the extent that providers improve efforts to help teens feel normal, autonomous, and connected, the teens report they are more likely to accept treatment for depression and report success in treatment...
- Relating health policy to women's health outcomesJennifer P Wisdom
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, CSB 669, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Soc Sci Med 61:1776-84. 2005..State health policies should be examined further for their relationship to health outcomes...
- "Being in a funk": teens' efforts to understand their depressive experiencesJennifer P Wisdom
Oregon Health and Science University and Center for Health and Disability Policy, Oregon Health Policy Institute, Portland, Oregon, USA
Qual Health Res 14:1227-38. 2004..Understanding the subjective experience of adolescents who are depressed might increase health care providers'empathy and improve their communication with teens...
- Quality Improvement Implementation in Child Mental Health: A 2-State ComparisonJennifer Wisdom; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Quality Improvement Implementation in Child Mental Health: A 2-State ComparisonJENNIFER PELT contact WISDOM; Fiscal Year: 2010....