M G Welch
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Family nurture intervention (FNI): methods and treatment protocol of a randomized controlled trial in the NICUMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 40, New York, NY, 10032, USA
BMC Pediatr 12:14. 2012..These findings highlight the importance of investigating early interventions that are designed to overcome or reduce the effects of these environmental insults and challenges...
- Secretin activates visceral brain regions in the rat including areas abnormal in autismMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, NYSPI, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:817-37. 2003..These findings mandate further investigation of secretin as a brain/gut stress regulatory hormone...
- Secretin: hypothalamic distribution and hypothesized neuroregulatory role in autismM G Welch
Laboratory of Childhood Regulatory Disorders, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Division of Neuroscience, NYSPI, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 24:219-41. 2004..Colchicine-induced upregulation of secretin indicates that secretin may be synthesized on demand in response to stress, a possible mechanism of action that may underlie secretin's role in autism...
- Brain effects of chronic IBD in areas abnormal in autism and treatment by single neuropeptides secretin and oxytocinMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Mol Neurosci 25:259-74. 2005..The clinical implications for treating autism, IBD, and concomitant sickness behaviors with peptide therapy, with or without maternal nurturing as a natural equivalent, are presented...
- Outcomes of Prolonged Parent-Child Embrace Therapy among 102 children with behavioral disordersMartha G Welch
The Martha G Welch Center, New York, NY, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 12:3-12. 2006..001). Results showed that PPCE Therapy resulted in significant and prolonged improvements in symptomatic behavior in a majority of children...
- Expression and developmental regulation of oxytocin (OT) and oxytocin receptors (OTR) in the enteric nervous system (ENS) and intestinal epitheliumMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Comp Neurol 512:256-70. 2009..We suggest that OT and OTR signaling might be important in ENS development and function and might play roles in visceral sensory perception and neural modulation of epithelial biology...
- Combined administration of secretin and oxytocin inhibits chronic colitis and associated activation of forebrain neuronsMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:654-e202. 2010..We tested the hypotheses that the chronically inflamed bowel signals to the brain through the vagi and that administration of a combination of secretin (S) and oxytocin (OT) inhibits this signaling...
- Predicted role of secretin and oxytocin in the treatment of behavioral and developmental disorders: implications for autismMartha G Welch
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neuroscience, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 71:273-315. 2005
- Secretin's role in the cerebellum: a larger biological context and implications for developmental disordersMartha G Welch
Cerebellum 5:2-6. 2006