Affiliation: Columbia University
- Neuron density and serotonin receptor binding in prefrontal cortex in suicideMark D Underwood
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:435-47. 2012..Thus, abnormalities in both cortical neurons and in their serotonergic innervation are present in suicides and future studies will need to determine whether cortical changes reflect the trophic effect of altered serotonin innervation...
- Family history of alcoholism is associated with lower 5-HT2A receptor binding in the prefrontal cortexMark D Underwood
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:593-9. 2008..We sought to determine postmortem whether 5-HT(2A) receptors are altered in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) of alcoholics...
- Absence of histological lesions in primate models of ECT and magnetic seizure therapyAndrew J Dwork
Magnetic Brain Stimulation Laboratory, Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:576-8. 2004..The authors present preliminary findings from the first nonhuman primate neuropathological study of ECT to use perfusion fixation and adequate controls and the first to compare ECT with magnetic seizure therapy, to their knowledge...
- Cortical 5-HT2A receptor signaling modulates anxiety-like behaviors in miceNoelia V Weisstaub
Department of Biology, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 313:536-40. 2006..These findings indicate a specific role for cortical 5HT2AR function in the modulation of conflict anxiety, consistent with models of cortical, "top-down" influences on risk assessment...
- DORSAL RAPHE NUCLEUS SEROTONIN NEURONS IN ALCOHOLISMMark Underwood; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- DORSAL RAPHE NUCLEUS SEROTONIN NEURONS IN ALCOHOLISMMark Underwood; Fiscal Year: 1999..The demonstration of serotonergic neuropathology in the brain of alcoholics may suggest possible pharmacologic therapeutics and new diagnostic approaches using functional brain imaging. ..
- DORSAL RAPHE NUCLEUS SEROTONIN NEURONS IN ALCOHOLISMMark D Underwood; Fiscal Year: 2010....