Mary B Terry
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Terry M, Gammon M, Zhang F, Vaughan T, Chow W, Risch H, et al. Alcohol dehydrogenase 3 and risk of esophageal and gastric adenocarcinomas. Cancer Causes Control. 2007;18:1039-46 pubmed..These data suggest ADH3 genotype may be associated with risk of esophageal and gastric cardia adenocarcinomas. ..
- Terry M, Ferris J, Tehranifar P, Wei Y, Flom J. Birth weight, postnatal growth, and age at menarche. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;170:72-9 pubmed publisher..These New York Women's Birth Cohort Adult Follow-up data (2001-2006) suggest that infant weight gain, in addition to childhood weight gain, may be associated with earlier age at menarche. ..
- Terry M, Flom J, Tehranifar P, Susser E. The role of birth cohorts in studies of adult health: the New York women's birth cohort. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2009;23:431-45 pubmed publisher..Understanding the factors that are associated with tracing and participation in these existing cohorts will help in interpreting the validity and generalisability of the findings from these invaluable cohorts. ..
- Terry M, Delgado Cruzata L, Vin Raviv N, Wu H, Santella R. DNA methylation in white blood cells: association with risk factors in epidemiologic studies. Epigenetics. 2011;6:828-37 pubmed
- Strizich G, Gammon M, Jacobson J, Wall M, Abrahamson P, Bradshaw P, et al. Latent class analysis suggests four distinct classes of complementary medicine users among women with breast cancer. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:411 pubmed publisher..Further research should explore the reproducibility of these classes and investigate the association between latent class membership and breast cancer outcomes. ..
- Terry M, Goldberg M, Schechter S, Houghton L, White M, O Toole K, et al. Comparison of Clinical, Maternal, and Self Pubertal Assessments: Implications for Health Studies. Pediatrics. 2016;138: pubmed publisher..These differences in validity should be considered in studies measuring pubertal changes longitudinally when they do not have access to clinical assessments. ..
- Flom J, Cohn B, Tehranifar P, Houghton L, Wei Y, Protacio A, et al. Earlier age at menarche in girls with rapid early life growth: cohort and within sibling analyses. Ann Epidemiol. 2017;27:187-193.e2 pubmed publisher..6 months earlier than girls whose growth was stable. Faster postnatal weight gains in infancy and early childhood before the age of 4 years are associated with earlier age at menarche. ..