Affiliation: Columbia University
- Temperament among offspring at high and low risk for depressionBeth Bruder-Costello
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatry Res 153:145-51. 2007..When identifying those at greatest risk for MDD, measures of temperament could serve as a useful supplement to family psychiatric history of MDD...
- Using the high-risk family design to identify biomarkers for major depressionArdesheer Talati
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 368:20120129. 2013....
- Gray matter abnormalities in social anxiety disorder: primary, replication, and specificity studiesArdesheer Talati
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, New York State PsychiatricInstitute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Biol Psychiatry 73:75-84. 2013....
- Remission of maternal depression and child symptoms among single mothers: a STAR*D-Child reportArdesheer Talati
Dept of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 24, New York, NY 10032, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:962-71. 2007..This report examined the relationship of the presence of a father in the household to maternal depression remission and child outcomes...
- Children of currently depressed mothers: a STAR*D ancillary studyDaniel J Pilowsky
Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:126-36. 2006....
- Children of depressed mothers 1 year after the initiation of maternal treatment: findings from the STAR*D-Child StudyDaniel J Pilowsky
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, Unit 24, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1136-47. 2008..The authors examined the changes in psychiatric symptoms and global functioning in children of depressed women 1 year following the initiation of treatment for maternal major depressive disorder...
- Remission of maternal depression: relations to family functioning and youth internalizing and externalizing symptomsCynthia Ewell Foster
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:714-24. 2008..9% of the variance...
- Remissions in maternal depression and child psychopathology: a STAR*D-child reportMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
JAMA 295:1389-98. 2006..Children of depressed parents have high rates of anxiety, disruptive, and depressive disorders that begin early, often continue into adulthood, and are impairing...
- Panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and a possible medical syndrome previously linked to chromosome 13Ardesheer Talati
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:594-601. 2008..We present data from a new case-control study that replicates and extends the syndrome phenotype clinically...
- Association of a polyadenylation polymorphism in the serotonin transporter and panic disorderSandeep Gyawali
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 67:331-8. 2010..If functional, rs3813034 might be the risk factor that explains the association of the serotonin transporter and PD...
- A survey of putative anxiety-associated genes in panic disorder patients with and without bladder symptomsRyan L Subaran
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Division of Statistical Genetics, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Psychiatr Genet 22:271-8. 2012....
- Cortical functional connectivity decodes subconscious, task-irrelevant threat-related emotion processingSpiro P Pantazatos
fMRI Research Center, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Neuroimage 61:1355-63. 2012..These findings identify FC that decodes subliminally perceived, task-irrelevant affective stimuli, and suggest that cortical structures are actively engaged by and appear to be essential for subliminal fear processing...
- Decoding unattended fearful faces with whole-brain correlations: an approach to identify condition-dependent large-scale functional connectivitySpiro P Pantazatos
fMRI Research Center, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 8:e1002441. 2012....
- Translational epidemiology in psychiatry: linking population to clinical and basic sciencesMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:600-8. 2011..The approach described has implications for providing fresh metaphors to communicate complex issues in interdisciplinary collaborations and for training in epidemiology and other sciences in psychiatry...