Affiliation: Columbia University
- A new kind of homelessness for individuals with serious mental illness? The need for a "mental health home"Thomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:528-33. 2009..Barriers to and strategies for implementation of mental health homes are discussed...
- Best practices: Best practices for improving engagement of clients in clinic careThomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:343-5. 2010..The approaches should be of use to administrators to improve programs' ability to engage and retain clients in community-based clinic care...
- Public-academic partnerships: using Medicaid claims data to identify service gaps for high-need clients: the NYC Mental Health Care Monitoring InitiativeThomas E Smith
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:9-11. 2011..The NYC Mental Health Care Monitoring Initiative represents one of the first efforts to create "evidence-based policy." The authors describe the initiative's background, development, and key collaborations...
- Use of administrative data to identify potential service gaps for individuals with serious mental illnessThomas E Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York City, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 100, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1094-7. 2011..In this study the authors assessed whether proposed service use algorithms accurately identified such individuals...
- A successful effort to improve adherence to treatment guidelines for bipolar disorderThomas E Smith
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 14, New York, NY 10032, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 16:210-3. 2008
- Nursing care quality initiative for care of hospitalized elders and their familiesJoyce J Fitzpatrick
New York Health Alliance, New York, NY, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 19:156-61. 2004..Eighteen units in 10 hospitals participated in the NCQI Project. Educational, clinical, and evaluation components of the NCQI Project are described...
- Predictors of risk of nonadherence in outpatients with schizophrenia and other psychotic disordersKim A Weiss
Department of Psychiatry of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Hall-Brooke Behavioral Health Services, Westport, CT 06880, USA
Schizophr Bull 28:341-9. 2002..Working alliance was the most significant and consistent predictor of adherence to medication recommendations...
- Measurement in abstinence education. Critique and recommendationsThomas E Smith
School of Social Work, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 2570, USA
Eval Health Prof 26:180-205. 2003..However, with careful adherence to the gold standards proposed, it is possible to limit the threat from these weaknesses, maximizing the benefit of self-report surveys and county-level health indicators...
- SKILLS TRAINING FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA:ENHANCING OUTCOMESThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will generate new information that can guide treatment planning and maximize the chances for recovery in individuals with schizophrenia. ..