Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Gene expression profiling of depression and suicide in human prefrontal cortexEtienne Sibille
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:351-61. 2004....
- Molecular aging in human prefrontal cortex is selective and continuous throughout adult lifeLoubna Erraji-Benchekroun
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:549-58. 2005..Aging leads to morphologic and functional changes in the brain and is associated with increased risk for psychiatric and neurological disorders...
- A molecular signature of depression in the amygdalaEtienne Sibille
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara St, BST W1643, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1011-24. 2009....
- GABA-related transcripts in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in mood disordersEtienne Sibille
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 14:721-34. 2011..Results were not explained by other clinical, demographic or technical parameters. In summary, MDD was characterized by low DLPFC SST, whereas decreased PV mRNA appears to distinguish BPD from MDD...
- Adenylate cyclase 7 is implicated in the biology of depression and modulation of affective neural circuitryJennifer Joeyen-Waldorf
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:627-32. 2012....
- Large-scale estimates of cellular origins of mRNAs: enhancing the yield of transcriptome analysesEtienne Sibille
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Neurosci Methods 167:198-206. 2008..As this approach can be applied post hoc, we provide tables of ratios for analysis of existing mouse and human brain datasets...
- Synaptic underpinnings of altered hippocampal function in glutaminase-deficient mice during maturationInna Gaisler-Salomon
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hippocampus 22:1027-39. 2012..The maturity-onset reduction in NR1 gene expression and in contextual learning supports the premise that glutaminase inhibition in adulthood should prove therapeutic in schizophrenia...
- Sex genes for genomic analysis in human brain: internal controls for comparison of probe level data extractionHanga C Galfalvy
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 4:37. 2003..We introduce the idea of using sex-chromosome genes as an alternative to spiked-in control genes or simulations for assessment of microarray data and analysis methods...
- The roles of sex and serotonin transporter levels in age- and stress-related emotionality in miceJennifer Joeyen-Waldorf
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Brain Res 1286:84-93. 2009..This sex-by-SERT double dissociation provides a framework to investigate molecular substrates of emotionality regulation in concert with serotonin function and may contribute to the sexually dimorphic features of mood disorders...
- Sleep-dependent gene expression in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex following long-term potentiationRodrigo N Romcy-Pereira
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, United States
Physiol Behav 98:44-52. 2009....
- Neuronal tryptophan hydroxylase mRNA expression in the human dorsal and median raphe nuclei: major depression and suicideHelene Bach-Mizrachi
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:814-24. 2006..Higher TPH2 mRNA expression may explain more TPH protein observed in depressed suicides and reflect a homeostatic response to deficient brain serotonergic transmission...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and subgenual anterior cingulate cortex dysfunction in major depressive disorderAdam Tripp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:1194-202. 2012....
- Integrated behavioral z-scoring increases the sensitivity and reliability of behavioral phenotyping in mice: relevance to emotionality and sexJean Philippe Guilloux
Department of Psychiatry, 3811 O Hara Street, BST W1643, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Neurosci Methods 197:21-31. 2011....
- A human-mouse conserved sex bias in amygdala gene expression related to circadian clock and energy metabolismLi Chun Lin
Translational Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychiatry, and Center for Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Brain 4:18. 2011..We hypothesized that sex differences in molecular structure may contribute to differential mood regulation and disease vulnerability...
- Using the gene ontology for microarray data mining: a comparison of methods and application to age effects in human prefrontal cortexPaul Pavlidis
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Columbia Genome Center, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neurochem Res 29:1213-22. 2004..quot;..
- Brain molecular aging, promotion of neurological disease and modulation by sirtuin 5 longevity gene polymorphismChristin Glorioso
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neurobiol Dis 41:279-90. 2011..Confirming this pathway and its regulation by common genetic variants would provide new strategies for predicting, delaying, and treating neurological diseases...
- Reduced somatostatin in subgenual anterior cingulate cortex in major depressionAdam Tripp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15312, USA
Neurobiol Dis 42:116-24. 2011..Specifically, alterations in SST signaling and/or SST-bearing GABA neurons may represent a critical pathophysiological entity that contributes to sgACC dysfunction and that matches to the high female vulnerability to develop MDD...
- Between destiny and disease: genetics and molecular pathways of human central nervous system agingChristin Glorioso
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroscience, Translational Neuroscience Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15312, USA
Prog Neurobiol 93:165-81. 2011..Finally, we discuss the implications of this model for understanding basic mechanisms of brain aging and for the future investigation of therapeutic approaches...
- Anticipated brain molecular aging in major depressionGaelle Douillard-Guilloux
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:450-60. 2013..Here, we characterize the global interaction of MDD-related gene changes with age, starting from our previous report of downregulated brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and BDNF-dependent genes in the amygdala of women with MDD...
- Neonatal testosterone partially organizes sex differences in stress-induced emotionality in miceMarianne L Seney
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Neurobiol Dis 46:486-96. 2012....
- The RNA binding domain of Jerky consists of tandemly arranged helix-turn-helix/homeodomain-like motifs and binds specific sets of mRNAsWencheng Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4083-93. 2003..These data suggest that epileptogenesis in Jerky-deficient mice most likely involves pathways associated with ribosome biogenesis and neuronal survival and/or apoptosis...
- Human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived models to investigate human cytomegalovirus infection in neural cellsLeonardo D'Aiuto
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e49700. 2012....
- Differentially expressed genes in major depression reside on the periphery of resilient gene coexpression networksChris Gaiteri
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Front Neurosci 5:95. 2011....
- MetaQC: objective quality control and inclusion/exclusion criteria for genomic meta-analysisDongwan D Kang
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:e15. 2012..The application and simulation results concluded a systematic quality assessment framework for genomic meta-analysis...
- Cortical 5-HT2A receptor signaling modulates anxiety-like behaviors in miceNoelia V Weisstaub
Department of Biology, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Science 313:536-40. 2006..These findings indicate a specific role for cortical 5HT2AR function in the modulation of conflict anxiety, consistent with models of cortical, "top-down" influences on risk assessment...
- SERT-ainly involved in depression, but when?Etienne Sibille
Am J Psychiatry 163:8-11. 2006