TARIQUE DHYAN PERERA
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Seizure expression during electroconvulsive therapy: relationships with clinical outcome and cognitive side effectsTarique D Perera
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:813-25. 2004....
- Cognitive role of neurogenesis in depression and antidepressant treatmentTarique D Perera
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuroscientist 14:326-38. 2008..This conceptual framework is provisional and merits evaluation in further experimentation. Critically, manipulation of newborn hippocampal neurons may offer a portal of entry for more effective antidepressant treatment strategies...
- Antidepressant-induced neurogenesis in the hippocampus of adult nonhuman primatesTarique D Perera
Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 27:4894-901. 2007..This study demonstrates that ECS is capable of inducing neurogenesis in the nonhuman primate hippocampus and supports the possibility that antidepressant interventions produce similar alterations in the human brain...
- Necessity of hippocampal neurogenesis for the therapeutic action of antidepressants in adult nonhuman primatesTarique D Perera
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17600. 2011..Pen-3 subjects 2 weeks of irradiation (N = 4) or sham-irradiation (N = 2) and then exposed to 15 weeks of stress and fluoxetine. Dependent measures were weekly behavioral observations and postmortem neurogenesis levels...
- Neurogenesis and the Therapeutic Action of AntidepressantsTarique Perera; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..