Affiliation: Columbia University
- Development of an antimicrobial stewardship intervention using a model of actionable feedbackSameer J Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, 622 W 168th Street, PH 4W 475, New York, NY 10032, USA
Interdiscip Perspect Infect Dis 2012:150367. 2012..Adapting the principles of the "model of actionable feedback" to provide feedback for antimicrobial prescribing practices proved challenging in the NICU setting...
- Missed opportunities for preventing congenital syphilis infection in New York CitySameer J Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, and the Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 120:882-8. 2012..To describe health care providers' missed opportunities for preventing and treating congenital syphilis in New York City...
- A new metric of antibiotic class resistance in gram-negative bacilli isolated from hospitalized childrenSameer J Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:602-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to describe patterns of infection or colonization with antibiotic-resistant gram-negative bacilli (GNB) in hospitalized children utilizing an electronic health record...
- Possible case of CNS Whipple's disease in an adolescent with AIDSSameer J Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Coulumbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 7:69-73. 2008....
- Antibiotic use in neonatal intensive care units and adherence with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 12 Step Campaign to Prevent Antimicrobial ResistanceSameer J Patel
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:1047-51. 2009....
- Clinical vignettes provide an understanding of antibiotic prescribing practices in neonatal intensive care unitsSameer Patel
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:597-602. 2011..To use clinical vignettes to understand antimicrobial prescribing practices in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)...
- Acute human immunodeficiency virus infection in a breast-fed infant in New York CityOuzama Nicholson
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University and New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:653-5. 2007..Her mother had tested negative for HIV during pregnancy. Children infected by mothers during an acute seroconversion may have more rapid disease progression...