L A Papp
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Efficacy of open-label nefazodone treatment in patients with panic disorderL A Papp
Department of Clinical Psychobiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:544-6. 2000..Although the response rate was lower than that found with most other antipanic medications, given its favorable side effect profile, nefazodone may be a good alternative for patients apprehensive about potential adverse drug reactions...
- Safety and efficacy of levetiracetam for patients with panic disorder: results of an open-label, fixed-flexible dose studyLaszlo A Papp
Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, and Hillside Hospital, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1573-6. 2006..To examine the safety and efficacy of the anticonvulsant levetiracetam in the treatment of patients with panic disorder...
- Specificity of panic response to CO(2) inhalation in panic disorder: a comparison with major depression and premenstrual dysphoric disorderJ M Kent
Biological Studies Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:58-67. 2001....
- Differential carbon dioxide sensitivity in childhood anxiety disorders and nonill comparison groupD S Pine
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Box 74, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 57:960-7. 2000....
- Respiratory variability in panic disorderJ M Martinez
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:232-7. 2001..Our data suggest that increased respiratory variability may be an important trait feature for some panic disorder patients and may make them more vulnerable to CO(2)-induced panic...
- Carbon dioxide hypersensitivity, hyperventilation, and panic disorderL A Papp
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY
Am J Psychiatry 150:1149-57. 1993..Cognitive strategies through cognitive control of respiration may supplement and accentuate these interventions. CONCLUSIONS: Panic disorder may be due to an inherently unstable autonomic nervous system, coupled with cognitive distress...
- Physiological changes during carbon dioxide inhalation in patients with panic disorder, major depression, and premenstrual dysphoric disorder: evidence for a central fear mechanismJ M Gorman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 32, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:125-31. 2001..Several reasons have been proposed to explain CO(2) breathing effects in PD. We examined differences in respiratory response to CO(2) breathing in 4 groups to address these issues...
- Acute panic inventory symptoms during CO(2) inhalation and room-air hyperventilation among panic disorder patients and normal controlsR R Goetz
Department of Clinical Psychobiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:123-36. 2001..The results are discussed in the context of patient (having a diagnosis of PD) and panic effects (rated as panicking to a challenge)...
- Distinguishing generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and mixed anxiety states in older treatment-seeking adultsJan Mohlman
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, Box 14, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Anxiety Disord 18:275-90. 2004..Results indicate that distinguishing features of GAD and PD in older treatment-seeking adults may be fewer and slightly different from those of younger adults...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for management of anxiety and medication taper in older adultsEthan E Gorenstein
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:901-9. 2005....
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in the elderlyEthan E Gorenstein
Behavioral Medicine Program, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 622 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 9:20-5. 2007..Investigators are seeking methods of augmenting or supplementing CBT in order to develop more effective treatments for anxiety in the elderly...
- RESPIRATORY PSYCHONEUROBIOLOGY OF ANXIETYLaszlo Papp; Fiscal Year: 2002..A comprehensive plan for professional growth focusing on respiratory physiology and geriatrics is also included. ..
- COGENT FOR MOOD AND ANXIETY DISORDER RESEARCHLaszlo Papp; Fiscal Year: 2003..These three cores will support the ten Base Grants, provide common resources that will facilitate technology and knowledge transfer among scientists, and encourage the development of novel research studies and approaches. ..