Affiliation: Columbia University
- Use of human immunodeficiency virus postexposure prophylaxis in adolescent sexual assault victimsElyse Olshen
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:674-80. 2006..To describe the use of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) in adolescent survivors of sexual assault and to explore barriers to PEP completion in this population...
- The impact of state policies on vaccine coverage by age 13 in an insured populationElyse Olshen
Departments of Pediatrics and Population and Family Health, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:405-11. 2007..To determine the impact of state policies on vaccine coverage among adolescents with managed care insurance...
- Dating violence, sexual assault, and suicide attempts among urban teenagersElyse Olshen
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:539-45. 2007..To evaluate the relationship between dating violence, sexual assault, and suicide attempts among urban adolescents...
- Text4Health: a qualitative evaluation of parental readiness for text message immunization remindersElyse Olshen Kharbanda
Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 622 West 168th St, VC402, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2176-8. 2009..Parents preferred text message reminders to be brief and personalized. Most parents were able to retrieve sample text messages but many had difficulty with interactive texting...
- Changes in Tdap and MCV4 vaccine coverage following enactment of a statewide requirement of Tdap vaccination for entry into sixth gradeElyse Olshen Kharbanda
Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 622 West 168th St, VC 402, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1635-40. 2010..We evaluated changes in tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, acellular pertussis (Tdap), and tetravalen meningococcal (MCV4) vaccine coverage following enactment of a New York State mandate requiring Tdap before entering sixth grade...
- Text message reminders to promote human papillomavirus vaccinationElyse Olshen Kharbanda
Division of General Pediatrics, Columbia University NY, NY 10032, USA
Vaccine 29:2537-41. 2011..To implement and evaluate text message reminders for the second (HPV2) and third (HPV3) vaccine doses...
- Parental acceptance of the human papillomavirus vaccineElyse Olshen
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:248-51. 2005..Vaccine education should target parental beliefs about HPV and the optimal age for HPV vaccine administration...
- Postexposure prophylaxis: an intervention to prevent human immunodeficiency virus infection in adolescentsElyse Olshen
Children s Hospital of Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 15:379-84. 2003..Further studies are needed to characterize the use and efficacy of postexposure prophylaxis in an adolescent population...