Erin L Olivo
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Protection throughout the life span: the psychoneuroimmunologic impact of Indo-Tibetan meditative and yogic practicesErin L Olivo
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1172:163-71. 2009....
- Feasibility and effectiveness of a brief meditation-based stress management intervention for patients diagnosed with or at risk for coronary heart disease: a pilot studyErin L Olivo
Columbia Integrative Medicine Program, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Psychol Health Med 14:513-23. 2009..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that the brief meditation-based stress management program was well-received by patients and can successfully be used as a supportive program for patients at risk or diagnosed with CHD...
- A pilot study to assess the effects of a guided imagery audiotape intervention on psychological outcomes in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgeryTraci R Stein
Division of Pain Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 24:213-22. 2010..Regardless, this complementary and alternative medicine therapy remains palatable to patients. Given its efficacy in other patient populations, it is worth exploring its potential utility for this population with a larger sample...
- Invited commentaryMehmet C Oz
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:205-6. 2006
- Illness representations and psychological distress in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgerySandy Hermele
Columbia Integrative Medicine Program, Columbia University Medical Center, New York 10032, USA
Psychol Health Med 12:580-91. 2007..Preoperative psycho-education aimed at helping patients better understand their illness, treatment, and its effects may reduce psychological distress, and perhaps improve future well-being as a result...