Affiliation: Columbia University
- Preliminary open trial of interpersonal counseling for subsyndromal depression following miscarriageRichard Neugebauer
Epidemiology of Developmental Brain Disorders Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 24:219-22. 2007..3, 95% CI=4.0-20.7). Findings from this small open trial suggest that IPC decreases depressive symptoms after miscarriage. A randomized, controlled trial of IPC's safety and efficacy with depressed miscarrying women is warranted...
- Psychological morbidity following miscarriageIngrid H Lok
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:229-47. 2007....
- Group Interpersonal Psychotherapy for depressed youth in IDP camps in Northern Uganda: adaptation and trainingHelen Verdeli
Teachers College, Columbia University, Box 102, 525 West 120th Street, New York, NY 10027, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:605-24, ix. 2008..The process of adaptation to the content and training of IPT for these youth is presented and illustrated with case examples...
- Post-traumatic stress reactions among Rwandan children and adolescents in the early aftermath of genocideRichard Neugebauer
Division of Epidemiology, NYS Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Epidemiol 38:1033-45. 2009..This article is the first complete report of the key community-based findings of a 1995 psychiatric epidemiological survey of young survivors of the 1994 Rwandan Genocide...
- Depressive symptoms at two months after miscarriage: interpreting study findings from an epidemiological versus clinical perspectiveRichard Neugebauer
Epidemiology of Developmental Brain Disorders Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 17:152-61. 2003..Enhanced recognition of the implications of study design for research inferences may help bring greater clarify and uniformity to findings from future investigations in this field...
- Pilot randomized controlled trial of interpersonal counseling for subsyndromal depression following miscarriageRichard Neugebauer
Epidemiology of Developmental Brain Disorders Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, G H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1299-304. 2006..We examined whether Interpersonal Counseling (IPC) was superior to treatment as usual (TAU) in reducing subsyndromal depression among miscarrying women and, secondarily, superior to TAU in improving role functioning...
- Somatic and cognitive domains of depression in an underserved region of Ecuador: some cultural considerationsAnna Yusim
Department of Psychiatry, New York University, New York, NY, USA
World Psychiatry 8:178-80. 2009..These factors must be further studied in order to give them the deserved priority, allocate resources appropriately, and formulate innovative psychosocial interventions...
- Sociocultural domains of depression among indigenous populations in Latin AmericaAnna Yusim
Department of Psychiatry, New York University, New York, USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 22:370-7. 2010..These factors must be further studied in order to give them the deserved priority, allocate resources appropriately, and formulate innovative psychosocial interventions...
- Functional impairment in adults with past posttraumatic stress disorder: findings from primary careMaren Westphal
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York City, New York 10032, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:686-95. 2011..This study examines functional impairment in primary care patients with a history of PTSD as compared to patients with current PTSD, and those who never developed PTSD following exposure to trauma...
- Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: 6-month outcomes: randomised controlled trialJudith Bass
Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, 85 East Concord Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Psychiatry 188:567-73. 2006....
- Interventions for depression symptoms among adolescent survivors of war and displacement in northern Uganda: a randomized controlled trialPaul Bolton
Applied Mental Health Research Group, Center for International Health and Development, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 298:519-27. 2007..Prior qualitative work with internally displaced persons in war-affected northern Uganda showed significant mental health and psychosocial problems...
- A systematic review of research findings on the efficacy of interpersonal therapy for depressive disordersMarcelo Feijo de Mello
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, São Paulo SP 04026 010, Brazil
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 255:75-82. 2005..The aim of this study is to summarize findings from controlled trials of the efficacy of IPT in the treatment of depressive spectrum disorders (DSD) using a meta-analytic approach...
- Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: a randomized controlled trialPaul Bolton
Center for International, Emergency, Disaster and Refugee Studies, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 289:3117-24. 2003..Despite the importance of mental illness in Africa, few controlled intervention trials related to this problem have been published...
- Psychometric properties of Darryl, a cartoon based measure to assess community violence-related PTSD in childrenPamela A Geller
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, 245 N 15th St, Mail Stop 515, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Psychiatr Q 78:157-68. 2007..To examine the reliability and validity of Darryl, a cartoon-based measure of PTSD symptoms and a screening tool for identifying children and adolescents with a PTSD diagnosis...
- School-based interventions for children exposed to violenceRichard Neugebauer
JAMA 290:2541-2; author reply 2542. 2003
- Prevalence of depression in rural Rwanda based on symptom and functional criteriaPaul Bolton
Center for International Emergency, Disaster and Refugee Studies, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 02066, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:631-7. 2002..The authors conclude that a significant part of this population has seriously disabling depression. Work on appropriate, feasible, safe, and effective mental health interventions should be a priority for this population...
- Perinatal Bereavement Grief Scale: distinguishing grief from depression following miscarriageJennifer Boyd Ritsher
Department of Veterans Affairs and Stanford University, CA 94025, USA
Assessment 9:31-40. 2002..Cross-cultural validity was acceptable whether tested by language (Spanish vs. English) or ethnicity (Hispanic vs. other). This measure of yearning enables study of the epidemiology and prognostic value of this key feature of mourning...