Affiliation: Columbia University
- Religiosity and depression: ten-year follow-up of depressed mothers and offspringL Miller
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 36:1416-25. 1997..This study examines maternal religiosity as a protective factor against depression in offspring...
- Self-esteem and depression: ten year follow-up of mothers and offspringL Miller
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Affect Disord 52:41-9. 1999..The association between maternal bonding style, offspring low self-esteem and offspring depression status was assessed by maternal depression status...
- Methotrexate compared with mercaptopurine for early induced abortionA R Davis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:904-9. 1999..To compare the antimetabolites methotrexate and 6-mercaptopurine as single-agent medical abortifacients using clinical and immunohistochemical analyses...
- Religiosity and substance use and abuse among adolescents in the National Comorbidity SurveyL Miller
Division of Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:1190-7. 2000..To replicate previous findings among adults of an inverse association between religiosity and substance use among a nationally representative sample of adolescents...
- Religiousness and substance use in children of opiate addictsL Miller
Division of Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
J Subst Abuse 13:323-36. 2001..To investigate among children of opiate addicts a potential protective effect of religiousness (broadly defined in the literature to include religious beliefs, practice, and tradition) against onset of substance use...
- Neuronal generators of posterior EEG alpha reflect individual differences in prioritizing personal spiritualityC E Tenke
Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, NYS Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, United States Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, United States Electronic address
Biol Psychol 94:426-32. 2013..EEG differences were particularly well-defined for participants with lifetime depression. Findings extend the view of alpha as a marker for affective processes, suggesting an association with the ontogenesis of spirituality. ..
- Depression and treatment with inner city pregnant and parenting teensA F Shanok
Department of Counseling and Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 10:199-210. 2007..submitted). The current study addresses the nature of and contributors to participants' depression, and the active ingredients in their healing...