J C Merriam
Affiliation: Columbia University
- An action spectrum for UV-B radiation and the rat lensJ C Merriam
St Erik s Eye Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:2642-7. 2000..To determine an action spectrum for UV-B radiation and the rat lens and to show the effect of the atmosphere and the cornea on the action spectrum...
- The effect of incisions for cataract on corneal curvatureJohn C Merriam
Edward S Harkness Eye Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1807-13. 2003..To determine the magnitude and duration of change on the horizontal and vertical meridians of the cornea after five different incisions for cataract...
- Change on the horizontal and vertical meridians of the cornea after cataract surgeryJ C Merriam
Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 99:187-95; discussion 195-7. 2001..Small temporal incisions induce less change than superior incisions...
- Transmission of light to the aging human retina: possible implications for age related macular degenerationJames Dillon
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:753-9. 2004..It was determined that the implantation of a standard IOL after cataract surgery increased the amount of light absorbed by A2-E by approximately a factor of five...
- Transmission spectra of light to the mammalian retinaJ Dillon
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Photochem Photobiol 71:225-9. 2000..Because some experiments employed a light tube that is used to illuminate the retina during vitrectomies, this method can be used to determine the transmission spectra of the anterior segment of humans in vivo...
- Maximum acceptable dose of ultraviolet radiation: a safety limit for cataractPer G Söderberg
St Erik s Eye Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:165-9. 2003..To develop a method for experimental estimation of toxicity for continuous dose-response relationships. To apply this method to cataract induced by ultraviolet radiation (UVR) in young rats...
- Oxindolealanine in age-related human cataractsLilia A Rousseva
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:861-8. 2007..The results suggest that OIA levels are elevated in human cataractous lenses thus providing further evidence to implicate tryptophan oxidation in this process...
- A common haplotype in the complement regulatory gene factor H (HF1/CFH) predisposes individuals to age-related macular degenerationGregory S Hageman
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Cell Biology and Functional Genomics Laboratory, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7227-32. 2005..We propose that genetic variation in a regulator of the alternative complement pathway, when combined with a triggering event, such as infection, underlie a major proportion of AMD in the human population...
- Finite element model of cornea deformationJessica R Crouch
Computer Science Dept, Old Dominion University, VA, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:591-8. 2005..Results suggest that these two sources of deforming force counteract each other and contribute to astigmatism in perpendicular directions...
- Effect of incision size and location on postoperative IOP with pseudoexfoliation syndromeJohn C Merriam
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:733; author reply 733. 2004