Lisa A Mellman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Psychotherapy competencies: development and implementationLisa A Mellman
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:149-53. 2003..In this article, the authors describe the historical context of the new requirements, and the goals, process and issues that arose in the development of the sample competencies...
- How endangered is dynamic psychiatry in residency training?Lisa A Mellman
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 34:127-33. 2006..A recent shift in academia prioritizing evidence-based medicine and a shortage of psychiatrist researchers may threaten those gains...
- Cultivating careers in the American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency TrainingLisa A Mellman
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:101-2. 2007
- Symptoms, defenses, and the therapeutic alliance: findings after one year of psychodynamic psychotherapyEdith M Cooper
Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 52:452-3. 2004
- The advisory dean program: a personalized approach to academic and career advising for medical studentsWilliam Macaulay
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Acad Med 82:718-22. 2007..Expecting to further improve on this early positive response, the AD Program will continue to foster an environment conducive to a seamless transition from student to physician...
- Medical students as teachers: how preclinical teaching opportunities can create an early awareness of the role of physician as teacherJennifer M Harms Amorosa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Graduate Medical Education, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 622 W 168th Street, PH 16, New York 10032, USA
Med Teach 33:137-44. 2011..Aim: To understand when students serving in pre-clinical teaching roles make the connection between teaching and being a physician...
- Patient reactions to a psychiatrist's pregnancyJoyce A Tinsley
University of Connecticut Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, 236 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06030-1935, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:27-31. 2003