Affiliation: Columbia University
- AIDS-related services and training in outpatient mental health care agencies in New YorkK McKinnon
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Washington Heights Community Service of the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:1225-8. 1999....
- HIV/AIDS preparedness in mental health care agencies with high and low substance use disorder caseloadsK McKinnon
Columbia University HIV Mental Health Training Project, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
J Subst Abuse 13:127-35. 2001....
- HIV among people with chronic mental illnessKaren McKinnon
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
Psychiatr Q 73:17-31. 2002....
- Targeted ethnography as a critical step to inform cultural adaptations of HIV prevention interventions for adults with severe mental illnessMilton L Wainberg
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Soc Sci Med 65:296-308. 2007..Targeted ethnography with adults with SMI and institutional staff provided information critical to the adaptation of tested US HIV prevention interventions for Brazilians with SMI...
- Perceived mental illness stigma and HIV risk behaviors among adult psychiatric outpatients in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilKatherine S Elkington
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive 15, New York, NY, 10032, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:56-64. 2010..The role of stigma in unprotected sexual behavior should be examined further and considered in any HIV prevention intervention for people with SMI...
- HIV service provision for people with severe mental illness in outpatient mental health care settings in New YorkJames Satriano
New York State Office of Mental Health, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prev Interv Community 33:95-108. 2007..The data were compared to a similar previous survey conducted in 1997...
- A model for adapting evidence-based behavioral interventions to a new culture: HIV prevention for psychiatric patients in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilMilton L Wainberg
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 112, New York, NY 10032, USA
AIDS Behav 11:872-83. 2007..Our process may serve as a model for adapting existing efficacious interventions to new groups and cultures, whether at a local, national, or international level...
- Schizophrenia and comorbid human immunodeficiency virus or hepatitis C virusFrancine Cournos
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:27-33. 2005..The clinical challenge is to encourage adherence to treatment and to coordinate the clinical services needed to address the diverse psychiatric and medical problems that coexist in this population...