LAUREL ES MAYER
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Eating behavior in anorexia nervosa: before and after treatmentLaurel E S Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Int J Eat Disord 45:290-3. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess eating behavior in patients with anorexia nervosa before and after weight normalization and healthy controls using a standardized, multiple-item lunch meal paradigm...
- New fat free mass - fat mass model for use in physiological energy balance equationsDiana Thomas
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:39. 2010..Comparison of translates to a representative sample of the US population indicate that this parameter is a reflection of age, height, race and gender effects...
- Body fat redistribution after weight gain in women with anorexia nervosaLaurel Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1286-91. 2005..Increasing evidence suggests that the fat distribution immediately after weight restoration in patients with AN differs from the distribution typical of healthy adult women...
- Does percent body fat predict outcome in anorexia nervosa?Laurel E S Mayer
Eating Disorders Research Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, and New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:970-2. 2007..The goal of this study was to investigate the relationship of body composition and neuroendocrine levels with clinical outcome in women with anorexia nervosa in a relapse-prevention trial...
- Adipose tissue distribution after weight restoration and weight maintenance in women with anorexia nervosaLaurel E S Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1132-7. 2009..Whether these abnormalities persist over time remains unknown...
- Dietary energy density and diet variety as predictors of outcome in anorexia nervosaJanet E Schebendach
Eating Disorders Research Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 87:810-6. 2008..Maintenance of a healthy diet is central to the recovery process, but the relation between diet and relapse has not been investigated in AN patients...