LAUREL ES MAYER
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Eating behavior in anorexia nervosa: before and after treatmentLaurel E S Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Int J Eat Disord 45:290-3. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess eating behavior in patients with anorexia nervosa before and after weight normalization and healthy controls using a standardized, multiple-item lunch meal paradigm...
- New fat free mass - fat mass model for use in physiological energy balance equationsDiana Thomas
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:39. 2010..Comparison of translates to a representative sample of the US population indicate that this parameter is a reflection of age, height, race and gender effects...
- Body fat redistribution after weight gain in women with anorexia nervosaLaurel Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1286-91. 2005..Increasing evidence suggests that the fat distribution immediately after weight restoration in patients with AN differs from the distribution typical of healthy adult women...
- Does percent body fat predict outcome in anorexia nervosa?Laurel E S Mayer
Eating Disorders Research Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, and New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:970-2. 2007..The goal of this study was to investigate the relationship of body composition and neuroendocrine levels with clinical outcome in women with anorexia nervosa in a relapse-prevention trial...
- Adipose tissue distribution after weight restoration and weight maintenance in women with anorexia nervosaLaurel E S Mayer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1132-7. 2009..Whether these abnormalities persist over time remains unknown...
- Dietary energy density and diet variety as predictors of outcome in anorexia nervosaJanet E Schebendach
Eating Disorders Research Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 87:810-6. 2008..Maintenance of a healthy diet is central to the recovery process, but the relation between diet and relapse has not been investigated in AN patients...
- ENERGY HOMEOSTASIS IN ANOREXIA NERVOSALaurel Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of this award is for the candidate to become an expert and independent researcher in the psychobiology of weight regulation and body composition assessment, with special application to anorexia nervosa. ..
- Does Metabolic Syndrome Exist in Anorexia Nervosa?Laurel Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..