Affiliation: Columbia University
- Body mass indices in patients with disabling hip osteoarthritisRay Marks
Research Division, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arthritis Res 4:112-6. 2002..Moreover, patients whose BMIs are in the obese range may be at increased risk for removal and reimplantation of their prosthesis...
- A review and synthesis of research evidence for self-efficacy-enhancing interventions for reducing chronic disability: implications for health education practice (part I)Ray Marks
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:37-43. 2005..Part II identifies and synthesizes the key research evidence for educational interventions designed to enhance individual self-efficacy perceptions and presents implications for practice in patient education...
- Knee osteoarthritis and exercise adherence: a reviewRay Marks
School of Health and Behavioral Sciences, City University of New York, York College, USA
Curr Aging Sci 5:72-83. 2012..To encourage exercise adherence among this cohort, a comprehensive individualized assessment, active patient involvement in the decision-making process, and long-term monitoring are indicated...
- Perceptions about collaborative decisions: perceived provider effectiveness among 2003 and 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS) respondentsRay Marks
City University of New York and Columbia University, Department of Health and Behavior Studies, Teachers College, 525W 120 St, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Health Commun 15:135-46. 2010..We conclude that communication between patient and provider remains suboptimal in cancer prevention and treatment...
- Comorbid depression and anxiety impact hip osteoarthritis disabilityRay Marks
Department of Health, Physical Education and Gerontological Studies and Services, City University of New York, York College, USA
Disabil Health J 2:27-35. 2009....
- Physical and psychological correlates of disability among a cohort of individuals with knee osteoarthritisRay Marks
York College, City University of New York, New York, USA
Can J Aging 26:367-77. 2007....
- Obesity profiles with knee osteoarthritis: correlation with pain, disability, disease progressionRay Marks
Department of Health and Behavior Studies, Columbia University, Teachers College, Box 114, 525W 120th Street, New York, NY 10027, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1867-74. 2007....
- Ipsilateral and contralateral skill acquisition following random practice of unilateral mirror-drawingR Marks
Department of Movement Sciences and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Percept Mot Skills 83:715-22. 1996..Star-tracing records completed for both hands were quite similar to those recorded using the mirror after practice. This may reflect central processing and long-term potentiation influential even after practice ceased...
- Falls-prevention programs for older ambulatory community dwellers: from public health research to health promotion policyRay Marks
Department of Health and Behavior Studies, Center for Health Promotion, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, USA
Soz Praventivmed 49:171-8. 2004..The purpose was to review the public health research literature on falls prevention among community-dwelling older adults and derive evidence-based implications for health promotion policy...
- Are foot orthotics efficacious for treating painful medial compartment knee osteoarthritis? A review of the literatureR Marks
Department of Health and Behaviour Studies, Columbia University, Teachers College, New York, NY 10027, USA
Int J Clin Pract 58:49-57. 2004..Further research to substantiate their efficacy in well-designed clinical trials seems warranted...
- Comorbid disease profiles of adults with end-stage hip osteoarthritisRay Marks
Research Division, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
Med Sci Monit 8:CR305-9. 2002....
- Efficacy theory and its utility in arthritis rehabilitation: review and recommendationsR Marks
Department of Health and Behaviour, Columbia University, Teachers College, New York, NY 10027, USA
Disabil Rehabil 23:271-80. 2001..Heightened self-efficacy may also ameliorate arthritis-related symptoms of fatigue and depression, and preserve function and prolong physical well-being...
- Hip fractures among the elderly: causes, consequences and controlRay Marks
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ageing Res Rev 2:57-93. 2003..Rehabilitation outcomes may be improved by comprehensive interventions, prolonged follow-up strategies and ensuring that all aging adults enjoy optimal health...
- Relationships among health literacy, knowledge about hormone therapy, self-efficacy, and decision-making among postmenopausal healthRachel Y Torres
Department of Health Education, Borough of Manhattan Community College, The City University of New York, New York, New York 10007, USA
J Health Commun 14:43-55. 2009....
- Self-efficacy in management of osteoarthritisJohn P Allegrante
Department of Health and Behavior Studies, Teachers College, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, Research Division, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 29:747-68, vi-vii. 2003....
- Chronic osteoarthritis and adherence to exercise: a review of the literatureRay Marks
Dept. of Health and Behavior Studies and Center for Health Promotion, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Aging Phys Act 13:434-60. 2005..We conclude that interventions to enhance self-efficacy, social support, and skills in long-term monitoring of progress are necessary to foster exercise adherence among people with OA...
- Ethics and patient education: health literacy and cultural dilemmasRay Marks
SOPHE Ethics Committee, Teachers College, Columbia University, in New York, New York, USA
Health Promot Pract 10:328-32. 2009....
- A review and synthesis of research evidence for self-efficacy-enhancing interventions for reducing chronic disability: implications for health education practice (part II)Ray Marks
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:148-56. 2005....
- Body mass and physical capacity indicators of hip osteoarthritis patients with and without malignancy histories: implications for prevention and rehabilitationSandra G Avila
University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Dis Manag 6:27-34. 2003..As a subgroup, cancer survivors, especially breast cancer survivors, are overweight, and more impaired before and after surgery than adults of the same age without a cancer history undergoing hip surgery...
- "Health for all": An ethical imperative or unattainable ideal?Ray Marks
Society of Public Health Education SOPHE Ethics Committee, USA
Health Promot Pract 8:28-30. 2007
- Exercises following anterior cruciate ligament reconstructive surgery: biomechanical considerations and efficacy of current approachesMark Grodski
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Res Sports Med 16:75-96. 2008....