Sharon B Mannheimer
Affiliation: Columbia University
- A randomized comparison of two instruments for measuring self-reported antiretroviral adherenceS Mannheimer
Division of Infectious Diseases, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Harlem Hospital Center, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Care 20:161-9. 2008..Self-reported adherence was significantly associated with virologic and immunologic outcomes in this population with advanced drug-resistant HIV disease...
- Risk factors and outcome of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with sporadic multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in New York CityS B Mannheimer
Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 1:319-25. 1997..An 880 bed university teaching hospital in New York City...
- The consistency of adherence to antiretroviral therapy predicts biologic outcomes for human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons in clinical trialsSharon Mannheimer
Harlem Hospital and Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Clin Infect Dis 34:1115-21. 2002..001). Nonwhite race was associated with poorer adherence (P<.001), and older age was associated with better adherence (P<.001)...
- Quality of life in HIV-infected individuals receiving antiretroviral therapy is related to adherenceS B Mannheimer
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
AIDS Care 17:10-22. 2005..In this analysis, ART adherence was associated with improved QoL, particularly if adherence was sustained...
- Mild-to-moderate symptoms during the first year of antiretroviral therapy worsen quality of life in HIV-infected individualsSharon B Mannheimer
Division of Infectious Diseases, Harlem Hospital Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:941-5. 2008..Quality of life was inversely related to the number of symptoms and in the change in the number of symptoms from baseline...
- Sustained benefit from a long-term antiretroviral adherence intervention. Results of a large randomized clinical trialSharon B Mannheimer
Harlem Hospital and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10037, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:S41-7. 2006..To assess the efficacy of 2 adherence interventions, medication managers (MM) and medication alarms (ALR), among antiretroviral (ARV)-naive persons with HIV initiating ARV therapy...
- Discontinuation of prophylaxis for Mycobacterium avium complex disease in HIV-infected patients who have a response to antiretroviral therapy. Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDSW M El-Sadr
Division of Infectious Diseases, Harlem Hospital Center and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10037, USA
N Engl J Med 342:1085-92. 2000..However, there is uncertainty about whether prophylaxis should be continued in patients whose CD4+ cell counts have increased substantially with antiviral therapy...
- The CASE adherence index: A novel method for measuring adherence to antiretroviral therapyS B Mannheimer
Harlem Hospital Center, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Care 18:853-61. 2006..05). The CASE Adherence Index is an easy to administer instrument that provides an alternative method for assessing ART adherence in clinical settings...
- Association of penicillin-resistant pneumococci with residence in a pediatric chronic care facilityS B Mannheimer
Department of Medicine, New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Infect Dis 174:513-9. 1996..Pediatric residents in chronic care facilities may be an important reservoir of PRP and may serve as a source of PRP transmission when they are transferred to acute care hospitals...
- Differential adherence to combination antiretroviral therapy is associated with virological failure with resistanceEdward M Gardner
Denver Public Health, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
AIDS 22:75-82. 2008..To investigate the occurrence of differential adherence to components of combination antiretroviral therapy and assess its predictors and association with virological failure and antiretroviral medication resistance...
- HARLEM ADHERENCE WITH RETROVIRAL THERAPY STUDYSharon Mannheimer; Fiscal Year: 2002....