Robert B MacArthur
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Pharmacokinetics of sodium phenylacetate and sodium benzoate following intravenous administration as both a bolus and continuous infusion to healthy adult volunteersRobert B MacArthur
CPMC Research Pharmacy, Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute Pharmacy, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mol Genet Metab 81:S67-73. 2004..A pharmacokinetic study of sodium phenylacetate/sodium benzoate (NAPA/NABZ) was performed in two groups of normal healthy volunteers, following the dosing regimen used to treat hyperammonemia...
- Efficacy of minocycline in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a phase III randomised trialPaul H Gordon
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Lancet Neurol 6:1045-53. 2007..Several trials are planned or are in progress to assess whether minocycline slows human neurodegeneration. We aimed to test the efficacy of minocycline as a treatment for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)...
- O-desulfated heparin improves outcome after rat cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injuryJ Mocco
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neurosurgery 61:1297-303; discussion 1303-4. 2007....
- A novel, efficient, randomized selection trial comparing combinations of drug therapy for ALSPaul H Gordon
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 9:212-22. 2008..This phase II design was efficient, leading to treatment selection after just 60 patients, and can be used in other phase II trials to assess different agents...
- The Neuroprotection with Statin Therapy for Acute Recovery Trial (NeuSTART): an adaptive design phase I dose-escalation study of high-dose lovastatin in acute ischemic strokeMitchell S V Elkind
Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Int J Stroke 3:210-8. 2008..The presently described trial represents a new approach for treatment of acute ischemic stroke, as well as a novel way of conducting a phase I trial, evaluating safety and determining an optimal dose of a potential neuroprotectant drug...
- High-dose lovastatin for acute ischemic stroke: results of the phase I dose escalation neuroprotection with statin therapy for acute recovery trial (NeuSTART)Mitchell S V Elkind
Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, N Y, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 28:266-75. 2009..We sought to determine whether lovastatin at doses above those currently approved can be administered safely within 24 h after an acute ischemic stroke...
- Titrimetric method for determination of O-desulfated heparin in physiological samples using protamine-sensitive membrane electrode as endpoint detectorStacey A Buchanan
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Anal Biochem 346:241-5. 2005..39 microg protamine/microg ODSH in plasma. This technology is further applied to a toxicokinetic study of ODSH in an animal model, demonstrating the ability to detect the changes in ODSH concentrations in biological samples...