J D Lipsitz
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Social phobia. Epidemiology and cost of illnessJ D Lipsitz
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, New York State Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 18:23-32. 2000..The availability of efficacious pharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatments for social phobia makes it imperative to carefully consider the impact of this disorder and to consider the cost effectiveness of available treatments...
- Emetophobia: preliminary results of an internet surveyJ D Lipsitz
Department of Therapeutics, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:149-52. 2001..Respondents describe other problems such as depression, panic attacks, social anxiety, compulsions, and frequent history of childhood separation anxiety...
- A direct interview family study of obsessive-compulsive disorder. II. Contribution of proband informant informationJoshua D Lipsitz
Anxiety Family Genetics Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychol Med 35:1623-31. 2005..Overall findings of our first direct interview family study of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) indicated that OCD is familial. In this replication study, we carefully examined the role of informant data in ascertaining OCD in relatives...
- A randomized trial of interpersonal therapy versus supportive therapy for social anxiety disorderJoshua D Lipsitz
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, Anxiety Disorders Clinic, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:542-53. 2008....
- Anxiety and depressive symptoms and anxiety sensitivity in youngsters with noncardiac chest pain and benign heart murmursJoshua D Lipsitz
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 29:607-12. 2004..We hypothesized that children and adolescents with medically unexplained chest pain would have high rates of anxiety and depressive symptoms...
- The Rater Applied Performance Scale: development and reliabilityJoshua Lipsitz
Anxiety Clinic 69, New York State Psychiatric Institute College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatry Res 127:147-55. 2004..Preliminary psychometric data suggest that the RAPS may be a valuable tool for quantifying the performance of clinical raters. Potential applications of the RAPS are considered...
- Alternative psychotherapy approaches for social anxiety disorderJ D Lipsitz
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 24:817-29. 2001..An individual who overcomes phobia of public speaking and still has mild anxiety may need to graduate to a forum such as Toastmasters to provide continued exposure to further develop confidence and skills in public speaking...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder and separation anxiety co-morbidity in early onset panic disorderR Goodwin
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Psychol Med 31:1307-10. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The association between anxiety co-morbidity and earlier onset of panic disorder is specific to obsessive-compulsive disorder and childhood separation anxiety disorder...
- A direct interview family study of obsessive-compulsive disorder. IAbby J Fyer
Anxiety Genetics Unit, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, NY 10032, USA
Psychol Med 35:1611-21. 2005....
- Clinical features of four DSM-IV-specific phobia subtypesJoshua D Lipsitz
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 69, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:471-8. 2002..Implications for the usefulness of current subtype categories are discussed...
- Alcohol use disorders in relatives of patients with panic disorderRenee D Goodwin
Anxiety Genetics Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Compr Psychiatry 47:88-90. 2006..The aim of this study was to use data from a family study of anxiety disorders to examine the familial association between alcohol use disorders and panic disorder (PD), controlling for alcohol use disorders in the proband...
- A novel approach to rater training and certification in multinational trialsElizabeth Jeglic
MedAvante Research Institute, Ganser Way, Madison, Wisconsin 53719, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:187-91. 2007..25 to 11.31, P=0.003. These results support the efficacy of this applied training model in improving raters' applied clinical skills in multinational trials...
- An open pilot study of interpersonal psychotherapy for panic disorder (IPT-PD)Joshua D Lipsitz
Columbia University, Department of Psychiatry, Anxiety Disorders Clinic, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:440-5. 2006..Results, though preliminary, suggest that IPT may have efficacy as a primary treatment of panic disorder. Further study is warranted...
- Rating the raters: assessing the quality of Hamilton rating scale for depression clinical interviews in two industry-sponsored clinical drug trialsNina Engelhardt
MedAvante, Inc MedAvante, Ewing, NJ, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:71-4. 2006..We evaluated the quality of Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HAM-D) clinical interviews performed at baseline in 2 similar multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled depression trials sponsored by 2 pharmaceutical companies...
- Why the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale enduresPer Bech
Am J Psychiatry 162:2396; author reply 2397-8. 2005
- Development of a standardized training program for the Hamilton Depression Scale using internet-based technologies: results from a pilot studyKenneth A Kobak
Research Training Associates, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Psychiatr Res 37:509-15. 2003..97, P<0.0001. Results support the feasibility of this methodology for improving rater training. An NIMH funded study is currently underway examining this methodology in a multi-site trial...
- Noncardiac chest pain and psychopathology in children and adolescentsJoshua D Lipsitz
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Psychosom Res 59:185-8. 2005..We sought to examine the prevalence of DSM-IV psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents with complaints of noncardiac chest pain (NCCP)...
- A new approach to rater training and certification in a multicenter clinical trialKenneth A Kobak
MedAvante Inc, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53719, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:407-12. 2005..00 to 11.00, P = 0.033. Three raters failed all 3 attempts and were excluded from the study. Results support the efficacy of the approach in improving both conceptual knowledge and applied interviewing skill...
- Interview quality and signal detection in clinical trialsKenneth A Kobak
Am J Psychiatry 162:628. 2005
- Enriched rater training using Internet based technologies: a comparison to traditional rater training in a multi-site depression trialKenneth A Kobak
MedAvante Inc, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53717, USA
J Psychiatr Res 40:192-9. 2006....
- INTERPERSONAL PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR SOCIAL PHOBIAJoshua Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2002..In a third project, available narrative summaries from 120 panic disorder patients will be analyzed to explore the relevance of IPT for panic disorder. ..
- Noncardiac Chest Pain in Children and AdolescentsJoshua Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., cognitive behavior therapy) that may alleviate symptoms and distress in youngsters with chest pain. ..