Affiliation: Columbia University
- Characteristics of patient visits to nurse practitioners in hospital outpatient departmentsSusan X Lin
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prof Nurs 19:211-5. 2003..As the role of the NP evolves in the U.S. health care delivery system, further studies on the clinical practice of NPs in hospital OPDs can help evaluate the impact of NPs in providing quality of patient care at minimum cost...
- Do nurse practitioners make a difference in provision of health counseling in hospital outpatient departments?Susan X Lin
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, NY, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 16:462-6. 2004..This study examined whether nurse practitioners (NPs) had any impact on the type and amount of health counseling provided during patient visits to hospital outpatient departments (OPDs)...
- Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome among US middle-aged and older adults with and without diabetes--a preliminary analysis of the NHANES 1999-2002 dataSusan X Lin
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York, USA
Ethn Dis 17:35-9. 2007..This study examined the racial differences in the distribution of the individual and clustered metabolic syndrome components among diabetics and nondiabetics and the presence of inflammatory markers...
- Racial/ethnic differences in the association of triglycerides with other metabolic syndrome components: the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisSusan Xiaoqin Lin
Center for Family and Community Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 9:35-40. 2011....
- Does elevated plasma triglyceride level independently predict impaired fasting glucose?: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Susan X Lin
1Center for Family and Community Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Diabetes Care 36:342-7. 2013..Elevated plasma triglycerides (TGs) have been included in diabetes risk prediction models. This study examined whether elevated TGs predict risk for impaired fasting glucose (IFG)...
- Smoking Status and Metabolic Syndrome in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. A cross-sectional studyIvan Berlin
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université P, and M, Curie, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM 894, Paris, France
Tob Induc Dis 10:9. 2012..abstract:..