Affiliation: Columbia University
- A review of existing treatments for substance abuse among the elderly and recommendations for future directionsAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, and Columbia University Medical Center
Subst Abuse 7:13-37. 2013..AIMS OF REVIEW: This review describes and evaluates studies on SAT applied to and specifically designed for OA over the last 30 years with an emphasis on methodologies used and the knowledge gained...
- Alcohol use disorders among substance dependent women on Temporary Assistance with Needy Families: more information for diagnostic modifications for DSM-5Alexis N Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, NY, USA
Am J Addict 22:402-10. 2013..This study determined the dimensionality and rank order severity of the DSM-IV AUD criteria among Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients with high rates of chemical dependency and co-morbid mental health disorders...
- Functioning of alcohol use disorders criteria among middle-aged and older adults: implications for DSM-5Alexis N Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, New York, USA
Subst Use Misuse 48:309-22. 2013..CFA revealed a one-factor model. IRT analyses revealed that AUD criteria identify only severe cases of AUD. Overall, 5.8% met criteria for a DSM-IV AUD; 7.5% met criteria for DSM-5 AUD...
- Predictors of moderated drinking in a primarily alcohol-dependent sample of men who have sex with menAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:484-95. 2012..Impact of treatment on predictors is explored. Limitations of this study and arenas for future research are discussed...
- The impact of retirement on the drinking patterns of older adults: a reviewAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, and Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, c o Columbia Addiction Services and Psychotherapy Intervention, 3 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019, USA
Addict Behav 37:587-95. 2012....
- Characteristics of individuals screening positive for substance use in a welfare setting: implications for welfare and substance-use disorders treatment systemsJon Morgenstern
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:561-70. 2008..This study examined barriers to employability, motivation to abstain from substances and to work, and involvement in multiple service systems among male and female welfare applicants with alcohol- and drug-use problems...
- Motivational interviewing: a pilot test of active ingredients and mechanisms of changeJon Morgenstern
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:859-69. 2012..Findings are discussed in the context of the pilot nature of the study and the relative absence of experimental tests of mechanisms of behavior change in SUD treatment research...
- Improving 24-month abstinence and employment outcomes for substance-dependent women receiving temporary assistance for needy families with intensive case managementJon Morgenstern
National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, Columbia University, New York, NY 10017, USA
Am J Public Health 99:328-33. 2009..e., usual care)...
- Motivation and self-efficacy in the context of moderated drinking: global self-report and ecological momentary assessmentAlexis Kuerbis
Department of Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc
Psychol Addict Behav 27:934-43. 2013..Daily diary methods may provide significant advantages. Limitations and arenas for future research are discussed...
- Developing a theory driven text messaging intervention for addiction care with user driven contentFrederick Muench
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Mobile Health Interventions, New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 27:315-21. 2013..Implications for the development of mobile messaging interventions for the addictions are discussed. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2013 APA, all rights reserved)...