Affiliation: Columbia University
- Alcohol Use Disorders among Substance Dependent Women on Temporary Assistance with Needy Families: More Information for Diagnostic Modifications for DSM-5Alexis N Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, New York Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York
Am J Addict 22:402-10. 2013..This study determined the dimensionality and rank order severity of the DSM-IV AUD criteria among Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients with high rates of chemical dependency and co-morbid mental health disorders...
- Functioning of alcohol use disorders criteria among middle-aged and older adults: implications for DSM-5Alexis N Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, New York, USA
Subst Use Misuse 48:309-22. 2013..CFA revealed a one-factor model. IRT analyses revealed that AUD criteria identify only severe cases of AUD. Overall, 5.8% met criteria for a DSM-IV AUD; 7.5% met criteria for DSM-5 AUD...
- Predictors of moderated drinking in a primarily alcohol-dependent sample of men who have sex with menAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, New York, NY 10019, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:484-95. 2012..Impact of treatment on predictors is explored. Limitations of this study and arenas for future research are discussed...
- The impact of retirement on the drinking patterns of older adults: a reviewAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, and Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, c o Columbia Addiction Services and Psychotherapy Intervention, 3 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019, USA
Addict Behav 37:587-95. 2012....
- Characteristics of individuals screening positive for substance use in a welfare setting: implications for welfare and substance-use disorders treatment systemsJon Morgenstern
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:561-70. 2008..This study examined barriers to employability, motivation to abstain from substances and to work, and involvement in multiple service systems among male and female welfare applicants with alcohol- and drug-use problems...
- Improving 24-month abstinence and employment outcomes for substance-dependent women receiving temporary assistance for needy families with intensive case managementJon Morgenstern
National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, Columbia University, New York, NY 10017, USA
Am J Public Health 99:328-33. 2009..e., usual care)...
- Motivational interviewing: a pilot test of active ingredients and mechanisms of changeJon Morgenstern
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:859-69. 2012..Findings are discussed in the context of the pilot nature of the study and the relative absence of experimental tests of mechanisms of behavior change in SUD treatment research...
- A review of existing treatments for substance abuse among the elderly and recommendations for future directionsAlexis Kuerbis
Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc, and Columbia University Medical Center
Subst Abuse 7:13-37. 2013..AIMS OF REVIEW: This review describes and evaluates studies on SAT applied to and specifically designed for OA over the last 30 years with an emphasis on methodologies used and the knowledge gained...