ETHAN F KROSS
Affiliation: Columbia University
- When asking "why" does not hurt. Distinguishing rumination from reflective processing of negative emotionsEthan Kross
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Psychol Sci 16:709-15. 2005..unresolved) does not moderate the effectiveness of the distanced-why strategy. These findings help disentangle the mechanisms that may allow adaptive working through from those that lead to rumination...
- Neural dynamics of rejection sensitivityEthan Kross
Psychology Department, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 19:945-56. 2007....
- Facilitating adaptive emotional analysis: distinguishing distanced-analysis of depressive experiences from immersed-analysis and distractionEthan Kross
Columbia University, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 34:924-38. 2008....
- Regulation of craving by cognitive strategies in cigarette smokersHedy Kober
Department of Psychology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 106:52-5. 2010..Future studies using this laboratory model could test the efficacy of different cognitive strategies and develop targeted interventions for smoking cessation based on the regulation of craving...
- Enabling Adaptive Processing of Negative ExperiencesEthan Kross; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., intrusions, rumination, avoidance) surrounding intense negative experiences against a control group. These aims will be examined using both experimental and field methods. ..