Affiliation: Columbia University
- Accuracy of the Kattan nomogram across prostate cancer risk-groupsRuslan Korets
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 108:56-60. 2011..To investigate the predictive ability of nomograms at the extremes of preoperative clinical parameters by examining the predictive ability across all prostate cancer risk groups...
- Independent diagnostic and post-treatment prognostic models for prostate cancer demonstrate significant correlation with disease progression end pointsJoseph A Graversen
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
J Endourol 26:451-6. 2012..The purpose of this study is to calculate the percent agreement and the concordance between the Px+ and Px end points...
- Socioeconomic and clinical factors influence the interval between positive prostate biopsy and radical prostatectomyMax Pitman
Department of Urology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Urology 80:1027-32. 2012..To examine socioeconomic and clinical factors that may predict a longer interval between prostate biopsy and radical prostatectomy (RP)...
- Nonischemic laparoscopic partial nephrectomy using a novel wet monopolar device in a porcine modelAdam C Mues
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Endourol 26:592-6. 2012..Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) is the minimally invasive standard of care for the management of a cT(1a) renal mass. We evaluated a novel saline enhanced electrosurgical resection (SEER) device for performance of a nonischemic LPN...
- Evaluation of molecular forms of prostate-specific antigen and human kallikrein 2 in predicting biochemical failure after radical prostatectomySven Wenske
Department of Surgery Urology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 124:659-63. 2009..720 to 0.726, p=0.2). fPSA is routinely measured during prostate cancer detection. We suggest that the role of fPSA in aiding preoperative prediction should be investigated in further cohorts...
- The effect of extralumenal safety wires on ureteral injury and insertion force of ureteral access sheaths: evaluation using an ex vivo porcine modelJoseph A Graversen
University of California, Department of Urology, Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Urology 79:1011-4. 2012..To evaluate the effect that a safety wire (SW) had on insertion force and direct ureteral trauma using ureteral access sheaths (UAS) in an ex vivo porcine model...
- Validating the use of the Mimic dV-trainer for robotic surgery skill acquisition among urology residentsRuslan Korets
Department of Urology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Urology 78:1326-30. 2011..No standardized curriculum currently exists for robotic surgical education. The MdVT is a compact hardware platform that closely reproduces the experience of the dVSS...
- Body mass index trends and role of obesity in predicting outcome after radical prostatectomyPiruz Motamedinia
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Urology 72:1106-10. 2008..We examined BMI trends in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy (RP) and evaluated the role of obesity in predicting biochemical failure (BCF) after RP...
- Retrospective comparison of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy versus laparoscopic renal cryoablation for small (<3.5 cm) cortical renal massesGeorgios Haramis
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:152-7. 2012..We compared perioperative and short-term outcomes of renal laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) and laparoscopic cryoablation (LCA) in patients with small (<3.5 cm) renal cortical neoplasms...
- Effect of delaying surgery on radical prostatectomy outcomes: a contemporary analysisRuslan Korets
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
BJU Int 110:211-6. 2012..Men with localized prostate cancer can be reassured that reasonable delays in treatment will not influence disease outcomes...
- Prospective randomized evaluation of gel mat foot pads in the endoscopic suiteJoseph A Graversen
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Endourol 25:1793-6. 2011..The purpose of our study was to demonstrate whether the use of the gel mat in the endoscopic setting offered any ergonomic benefit to the surgeon...
- Predictors of locally advanced and metastatic disease in patients with small renal massesMax Kates
Department of Urology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 109:1463-7. 2012..In a large sampling of the US population, older patients and men were more likely to have small renal masses at an advanced stage...
- Pilot study evaluation of standard laparoscopic suturing and a novel parenchymal apposition mechanism for minimally invasive renal reconstructionAllison R Polland
Department of Urology, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 21:823-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether a parenchymal apposition mechanism (PAM) device would be as effective as standard laparoscopic technique (SLT) with respect to efficiency, capability, and safety of renal defect closure...
- Predicting renal functional outcomes after surgery for renal cortical tumours: a multifactorial analysisLamont J Barlow
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 106:489-92. 2010....
- Clinical, pathologic, and functional outcomes after nephron-sparing surgery in patients with a solitary kidney: a multicenter experienceAdam C Mues
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Endourol 26:1361-6. 2012..We analyzed patients with a renal mass in a solitary kidney undergoing nephron-sparing procedures to determine perioperative, oncologic, and renal functional outcomes...
- Post-percutaneous nephrolithotomy systemic inflammatory response: a prospective analysis of preoperative urine, renal pelvic urine and stone culturesRuslan Korets
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 186:1899-903. 2011..We also examined post-procedure risk factors for systemic inflammatory response syndrome...
- Effect of vitamin D repletion on urinary calcium excretion among kidney stone formersDavid E Leaf
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:829-34. 2012..This study examined the effect of vitamin D repletion on urinary calcium excretion among stone formers...
- Testicular symmetry and adolescent varicocele--does it need followup?Ruslan Korets
Division of Pediatric Urology, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Urol 186:1614-8. 2011..We examined the natural history of varicocele in patients presenting with testicular symmetry to achieve better understanding of the clinical course...
- Prostate volume measured preoperatively predicts for organ-confined disease in men with clinically localized prostate cancerFernando J Bianco
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Urology 69:343-6. 2007....
- A Report on Major Complications and Biochemical Recurrence After Primary and Salvage Cryosurgery for Prostate Cancer in Patients With Prior Resection for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Single-center ExperienceAjayram V Ullal
Department of Urology, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY
Urology 82:648-52. 2013..To report on biochemical recurrence (BCR) and major complications in patients with prior prostate resection that underwent cryosurgery (CS) for prostate cancer...
- Evaluation of bioimpedance as novel predictor of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy successJoseph A Graversen
Department of Urology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Endourol 25:1503-6. 2011..Bioimpedance analysis (BIA) is an accurate way of determining body adiposity. We evaluated fat mass percentage (FMP) as measured by BIA as a predictor of SWL success...
- NF-kappaB regulates androgen receptor expression and prostate cancer growthLiying Zhang
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 36, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Pathol 175:489-99. 2009..In addition, levels of both NF-kappaB and AR were strongly correlated in human prostate cancer. Our data suggest that NF-kappaB can regulate AR expression in prostate cancer and that NF-kappaB inhibitors may have therapeutic potential...
- Defining early morbidity of radical cystectomy for patients with bladder cancer using a standardized reporting methodologyAhmad Shabsigh
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, United States
Eur Urol 55:164-74. 2009..Reporting methodology is highly variable and nonstandardized, yet surgical outcomes are utilized in clinical trial design and evaluation of healthcare provider performance...
- Partial penectomy for patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the penis: the Memorial Sloan-Kettering experienceRuslan Korets
Department of Surgery, Urology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3614-9. 2007..To present our institution's experience with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the penis, with analysis of oncologic efficacy and survival...
- Predicting the histology of renal masses using preoperative Doppler ultrasonographyGanesh V Raj
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 177:53-8. 2007..Since conventional clear cell carcinomas are highly vascular, we used preoperative color and/or power Doppler ultrasonography to evaluate the association between vascular flow in a renal mass and surgical pathology...