Joan A Kearney
Affiliation: Columbia University
- A multi-modal pilot intervention with violence-exposed mothers in a child psychiatric trauma-focused treatment programJoan A Kearney
Columbia University School of Nursing, 617 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:544-52. 2012..Results converged to portray improved functioning in critical areas of dysfunction often displayed by these mothers...
- Planning with parents for seriously ill children: preliminary results on the development of the parental engagement scaleJoan A Kearney
Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York 10032, USA
Palliat Support Care 9:367-76. 2011..Using attachment and caregiving as a framework, this study clarified important dimensions of parental engagement...
- Women and children exposed to domestic violence: themes in maternal interviews about their children's psychiatric diagnosesJoan A Kearney
Columbia University, School of Nursing, 630 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:74-81. 2010..Thematic categories as well as inter-relationships among themes are described and discussed in terms of current literature...
- Mothers' resolution of their young children's psychiatric diagnoses: associations with child, parent, and relationship characteristicsJoan A Kearney
School of Nursing, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 42:334-48. 2011..There were no significant associations between maternal or child demographic characteristics and maternal resolution status. Clinical and research implications are discussed...
- The experience of Chinese American parents of children with life-limiting illness: a comprehensive reviewJinjiao Wang
Columbia University School of Nursing, 617 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Palliat Nurs 19:347-54. 2013..Educational interventions may be very helpful in this regard...