Affiliation: Columbia University
- Stress hormones predict cerebrovascular re-events after transient ischemic attacksM Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 76:563-6. 2011..This study assessed prognostic reliability of 2 distinct stress hormones, copeptin and cortisol, for the risk stratification of re-events in patients with TIA...
- Infectious burden and cognitive function: the Northern Manhattan StudyMira Katan
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Neurology 80:1209-15. 2013..e., Chlamydia pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, cytomegalovirus, and herpes simplex virus 1 and 2) associated with vascular risk in the prospective Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS), would also be associated with cognition...
- Inflammatory and neuroendocrine biomarkers of prognosis after ischemic strokeMira Katan
Stroke Division, Department of Neurology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 11:225-39. 2011..This aim has not been completely achieved yet for any biomarkers, but promising data are available and further studies are ongoing...
- Copeptin, procalcitonin and routine inflammatory markers-predictors of infection after strokeFelix Fluri
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e48309. 2012..Early predictors for the development of stroke-associated infection may identify patients at high risk and reduce post-stroke infection and mortality...
- Midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide and outcome in patients with acute ischemic strokeMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1045-53. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the prognostic value of midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (MR-proANP) in patients with acute ischemic stroke...
- Copeptin adds prognostic information after ischemic stroke: results from the CoRisk studyGian Marco De Marchis
Department of Neurology, Neuroradiology, and Clinical Chemistry, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
Neurology 80:1278-86. 2013..To evaluate and validate the incremental value of copeptin in the prediction of outcome and complications as compared with established clinical variables...
- Mannose-binding lectin deficiency is associated with smaller infarction size and favorable outcome in ischemic stroke patientsMichael Osthoff
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, Department of Biomedicine and Clinic for Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e21338. 2011....
- Copeptin and risk stratification in patients with ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: the CoRisk studyGian Marco De Marchis
Department of Neurology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Stroke 8:214-8. 2013..In patients with transient ischemic attack, elevated copeptin values indicate an increased risk of further cerebrovascular events...
- Copeptin is associated with mortality and outcome in patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhageChristian Zweifel
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Neurol 10:34. 2010..Copeptin, the C-terminal part of provasopressin, has emerged as a new prognostic marker in a variety of diseases, but its prognostic value in ICH is unknown...
- Copeptin, a stable peptide derived from the vasopressin precursor, correlates with the individual stress levelMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:341-6. 2008..Copeptin is a more stable peptide stoichiometrically released from the same precursor molecule. The aim of our study was to compare copeptin and cortisol levels in different stress situations...
- The use of copeptin, the stable peptide of the vasopressin precursor, in the differential diagnosis of sodium imbalance in patients with acute diseasesNicole Nigro
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, CH, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13270. 2011..This study assessed copeptin concentrations in sick patients with serum sodium imbalance of different aetiology on admission to the emergency department...
- Copeptin: a novel, independent prognostic marker in patients with ischemic strokeMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Ann Neurol 66:799-808. 2009..Vasopressin is a stress hormone. Its production rate is mirrored in circulating levels of copeptin, a fragment of provasopressin. We evaluated the prognostic value of copeptin in acute stroke patients...
- Prognostic value of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate and other parameters of adrenal function in acute ischemic strokeClaudine A Blum
Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Clinic, Cantonal Hospital, Aarau, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e63224. 2013..Acute stroke has a high morbidity and mortality. We evaluated the predictive value of adrenal function testing in acute ischemic stroke...
- Copeptin: a new and promising diagnostic and prognostic markerMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 12:117. 2008..Furthermore, vasopressin is an important hormone in salt and volume regulation. In this context, copeptin is also a diagnostic marker in patients with diabetes insipidus and in patients with disordered water states...
- Transient ischemic attack versus transient ischemic attack mimics: frequency, clinical characteristics and outcomeMargareth Amort
Stroke Unit and Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cerebrovasc Dis 32:57-64. 2011..There is insufficient evidence regarding which clinical features are best suited to distinguish between transient ischemic attack (TIA) and disorders mimicking TIA (TIA mimics)...
- Anterior and posterior pituitary function testing with simultaneous insulin tolerance test and a novel copeptin assayMira Katan
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospitals, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2640-3. 2007..However, AVP measurement is cumbersome. Copeptin, the stable C-terminal glycopeptide of the AVP prohormone, is stoichiometrically secreted from the posterior pituitary...