Heidi E Jones
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Acceptability of a carrageenan-based candidate vaginal microbicide and matching placebo: findings from a phase II safety trial among women in Chiang Rai, ThailandHeidi E Jones
Population Council, New York, New York, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:1003-10. 2009..To evaluate extended acceptability of vaginal use of a carrageenan-based candidate microbicide and placebo in northern Thai women...
- Home-based versus clinic-based self-sampling and testing for sexually transmitted infections in Gugulethu, South Africa: randomised controlled trialH E Jones
Population Council, New York, USA
Sex Transm Infect 83:552-7. 2007....
- The acceptability of a self-lavaging device compared to pelvic examination for cervical cancer screening among low-income womenHeidi E Jones
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:1275-81. 2012....
- Consistency in women's reports of sensitive behavior in an interview mode experiment, São Paulo, BrazilBarbara S Mensch
Population Council, New York, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 34:169-76. 2008..Despite a substantial body of U.S. research on the consistency of self-reports of sensitive behavior, only a few such studies have been conducted in developing countries...
- Alanine transaminase has opposite associations with death from diabetes and ischemic heart disease in NHANES IIIC Mary Schooling
CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, New York, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:789-98. 2012..Some global regions, such as East Asia, have low mortality rates from IHD and high rates of diabetes. We hypothesized that some aspects of liver function might underlie this paradox...
- Second-trimester surgical abortion practices: a survey of National Abortion Federation membersKatharine O'Connell
Department of Ob Gyn, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Contraception 78:492-9. 2008..The objective of this analysis was to assess the second-trimester surgical abortion practices of National Abortion Federation (NAF) members in North America and Australia...
- Carraguard Vaginal Gel Safety in HIV-Positive Women and Men in South AfricaJanneke H H M van de Wijgert
Population Council, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:538-46. 2007..To assess the safety of the candidate microbicide Carraguard gel in HIV-positive women and men...
- Agreement between self- and clinician-collected specimen results for detection and typing of high-risk human papillomavirus in specimens from women in Gugulethu, South AfricaHeidi E Jones
Population Council, New York, New York 10017, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1679-83. 2007..Self-collected specimens can provide valid specimens for HPV testing using nucleic acid amplification tests, although a few cytological abnormalities may be missed...
- Using sexually transmitted infection biomarkers to validate reporting of sexual behavior within a randomized, experimental evaluation of interviewing methodsPaul C Hewett
Population Council, New York, NY 10017, USA
Am J Epidemiol 168:202-11. 2008..Results strongly suggest that computerized interviewing provides more accurate and reliable behavioral data. The analyses also confirm the benefits of using data on prevalent STIs for externally validating behavioral reporting...
- Performance of a rapid self-test for detection of Trichomonas vaginalis in South Africa and BrazilHeidi E Jones
CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:1037-9. 2013..1%; 95% confidence interval [CI], 98.2 to 99.6%) and moderate sensitivity (76.7%; 95% CI, 61.4 to 88.2%). These tests may be considered an alternative to syndromic management in resource-poor settings...
- Do new guidelines and technology make the routine pelvic examination obsolete?Carolyn L Westhoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:5-10. 2011..Overuse of the pelvic examination contributes to high healthcare costs without any compensatory health benefit...
- Validity and Reliability of Using a Self-Lavaging Device for Cytology and HPV Testing for Cervical Cancer Screening: Findings from a Pilot StudyHeidi E Jones
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, City University of New York School of Public Health and Hunter College, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e82115. 2013..66 (95% CI: 0.49, 0.84). Based on these preliminary findings, a larger study to estimate the performance of the Screener for co-testing cytology and HPV or for HPV testing with cytology triage is warranted...
- Awareness and interest in intrauterine contraceptive device use among HIV-positive women in Cape Town, South AfricaCatherine S Todd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, PH16 69, New York, NY 10032, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2012:956145. 2012..To assess awareness of and interest in intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD) use among HIV-positive women in Cape Town, South Africa...
- Lifecourse infectious origins of sexual inequalities in central adiposityC Mary Schooling
CUNY School of Public Health, Hunter College, New York, NY 10035, USA
Int J Epidemiol 40:1556-64. 2011..Taking a life-history perspective, we hypothesized that childhood infections could be relevant via sex-specific effects of immune system activation on sexual development and, hence, body shape...
- Effectiveness and safety of digoxin to induce fetal demise prior to second-trimester abortionMichael Molaei
Parkmed Clinic, Inc, New York, NY 10017, USA
Contraception 77:223-5. 2008..The study was conducted to assess the effectiveness in inducing fetal demise through digoxin injection given 1 day prior to second-trimester pregnancy termination and to evaluate related maternal safety...