S B Johnson
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Generic data modeling for clinical repositoriesS B Johnson
Department of Medical Informatics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 3:328-39. 1996....
- A semantic lexicon for medical language processingS B Johnson
Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 6:205-18. 1999..Construction of a resource that provides semantic information about words and phrases to facilitate the computer processing of medical narrative...
- An object-oriented taxonomy of medical data presentationsJ Starren
Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 7:1-20. 2000..The various subclasses are reviewed and examples are provided. Issues critical to the development and evaluation of presentations are also discussed...
- Conceptual graph grammar--a simple formalism for sublanguageS B Johnson
Department of Medical Informatics, Columbia University, New York, USA
Methods Inf Med 37:345-52. 1998..Conceptual Graph Grammar is an attempt to synthesize the common properties of different approaches to sublanguage into a single formalism, and to begin to define a common foundation for language-related research in medical informatics...
- Accessing heterogeneous sources of evidence to answer clinical questionsE A Mendonca
Department of Medical Informatics, Columbia University, 622 West 168th Street, Vanderbilt Clinic, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Biomed Inform 34:85-98. 2001..We believe that by helping clinicians to pose well-structured clinical queries and including in them relevant information from individual patients' medical records, we can enhance information retrieval and thus can improve patient-care...