Colleen M Jacobson
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The epidemiology and phenomenology of non-suicidal self-injurious behavior among adolescents: a critical review of the literatureColleen M Jacobson
Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Arch Suicide Res 11:129-47. 2007....
- Depression and IL-6 blood plasma concentrations in advanced cancer patientsColleen M Jacobson
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Columbia University NYSPI, 1051 Riverside Dr, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychosomatics 49:64-6. 2008..Future studies focusing on the relationship between immune functioning and depression must be particularly vigilant regarding methodological issues...
- Familial dysautonomia's impact on quality of life in childhood, adolescence, and adulthoodStephen A Sands
Department of Pediatrics, Herbert Irving Child and Adolescent Oncology Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Acta Paediatr 95:457-62. 2006..To evaluate the quality of life (QoL) of children, adolescents, and adults treated for familial dysautonomia (FD), a pervasive neurological disorder...
- New perspectives on assessment of suicide riskJames E Gangwisch
James E Gangwisch, PhD Department of Psychiatry, Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 74, New York, NY 10032, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 11:371-6. 2009..Some medical conditions, such as asthma and epilepsy, and some treatment goals, such as smoking cessation, have inherent increased risks for depression-and by extension, suicide-that necessitate accurate, ongoing assessment...
- The role of spirituality in the relationship between religiosity and depression in prostate cancer patientsChristian Nelson
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Behav Med 38:105-14. 2009..This study aims to develop a theoretical framework of the relationship among religiosity, spirituality, and depression, potentially explaining the often mixed and inconsistent associations between religiosity and depression...
- Psychiatric impairment among adolescents engaging in different types of deliberate self-harmColleen M Jacobson
Columbia University New York State Psychiatric Institute, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:363-75. 2008..The suicidal ideation levels of those in the NSSI group were similar to those in the NoDSH group. Findings offer empirical support for the importance of distinguishing between suicidal and nonsuicidal self-harm behaviors...
- Fact or fiction: diagnosing borderline personality disorder in adolescentsAlec L Miller
Department of Psychiatry, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 28:969-81. 2008..More longitudinal research is necessary to further explicate the issues of diagnosing BPD in adolescents...