Daniel B Herman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Critical Time Intervention: an empirically supported model for preventing homelessness in high risk groupsDaniel Herman
Center for Homelessness Prevention Studies, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, Room 1707, New York, NY 10536, USA
J Prim Prev 28:295-312. 2007..Finally, we consider plans for the further adaptation, testing and dissemination of CTI in other populations and service delivery settings...
- Mental health needs in New York state following the September 11th attacksDaniel Herman
Department of Epidemiology of the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Urban Health 79:322-31. 2002..Estimates from this initial assessment will be refined over time as further data concerning the impact of the September 11th attacks become available...
- Randomized trial of critical time intervention to prevent homelessness after hospital dischargeDaniel B Herman
Division of Mental Health Services and Policy Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:713-9. 2011....
- The impact of critical time intervention in reducing psychiatric rehospitalization after hospital dischargeAndrew Tomita
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 West 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:935-7. 2012..This study examined the impact of critical time intervention (CTI) in reducing rehospitalization among formerly homeless individuals with severe and persistent mental illness after discharge from inpatient psychiatric treatment...
- Discharge practices in a time-unlimited intervention: the perspectives of practitioners in assertive community treatmentFang pei Chen
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10027, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 39:170-9. 2012....
- Community integration of formerly homeless men and women with severe mental illness after hospital dischargeJoy Noel Baumgartner
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:435-7. 2012....
- Public-academic partnerships: a rapid small-grant program for policy-relevant research: motivating public-academic partnershipsCarolyn I Rodriguez
New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:106-8. 2013..This type of collaboration is one model of encouraging early-career psychiatric researchers to pursue policy-relevant research...
- Capturing intervention effects over time: reanalysis of a critical time intervention for homeless mentally ill menMary Clare Lennon
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, Department of Sociomedical Sciences, 722 W 168th St, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1760-6. 2005..We analyzed whether a method for identifying latent trajectories--latent class growth analysis (LCGA)--was useful for understanding outcomes for individuals subject to an intervention...
- Does unwantedness of pregnancy predict schizophrenia in the offspring? Findings from a prospective birth cohort studyDaniel B Herman
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:605-10. 2006..We sought to replicate (or refute) a previous report of an association between unwantedness of a pregnancy and the risk of schizophrenia in the offspring...
- Critical time intervention for reentry from prison for persons with mental illnessJeffrey Draine
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA 19104 6214, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1577-81. 2007..Although CTI is a potentially useful model for reentry services for this population, challenges remain in adapting it to specific correctional facilities, justice systems, and community contexts...
- Combating the terror of terrorismEzra S Susser
Columbia University s Mailman School of Public Health, USA
Sci Am 287:70-7. 2002
- CTI IN THE TRANSITION FROM HOSPITAL TO COMMUNITYDaniel Herman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Those in the experimental group will receive these services as well as nine months of CTI. Both groups will be followed for eighteen months. ..