Jill Harkavy Friedman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Suicide attempts in schizophrenia: the role of command auditory hallucinations for suicideJill M Harkavy-Friedman
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, N Y, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:871-4. 2003..We examined the relationship between CAHS and demographic and clinical variables. We also investigated the relationship between CAHS and suicide attempts...
- Suicidal behavior in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: examining the role of depressionJill M Harkavy-Friedman
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 34:66-76. 2004..Clinicians should remember that even without a depressive episode there is still a significant risk for suicidal behavior in schizophrenia...
- Are BPI and BPII suicide attempters distinct neuropsychologically?Jill M Harkavy-Friedman
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, USA
J Affect Disord 94:255-9. 2006..Neuropsychological functioning is a means of understanding similarities and differences between diagnostic groups...
- Etiological heterogeneity and intelligence test scores in patients with schizophreniaRachel Wolitzky
Department of Medical Genetics, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:167-77. 2006..Overall, the results suggest that sporadic patients have better perceptual-organizational skills and faster speed of processing...
- Olfactory identification and WAIS-R performance in deficit and nondeficit schizophreniaRegine Anna Seckinger
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Schizophr Res 69:55-65. 2004..If so, then the relationship of University of Pennsylvania Smell Identification Test (UPSIT) scores with other neurocognitive measures in DS patients may point to the neural substrate of the deficit syndrome...
- Human 5-HT1A receptor C(-1019)G polymorphism and psychopathologyYung Yu Huang
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 7:441-51. 2004..The relationship does not appear to be explained by binding differences, although we cannot rule out altered receptor affinity and transduction...
- Lifelong course of positive and negative symptoms in chronically institutionalized patients with schizophreniaBranislav Mancevski
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Psychopathology 40:83-92. 2007..We sought to describe this course, and to determine the influences of sex, age of onset, and treatment on its evolution...
- SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR IN SCHIZOPHRENIAJill Harkavy Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Long-term objectives of this research are to identify variables that contribute to suicidal behavior in order to facilitate the development of assessments and interventions specific for individuals with schizophrenia. ..