Nancy S Green
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Candidate sequence variants and fetal hemoglobin in children with sickle cell disease treated with hydroxyureaNancy S Green
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55709. 2013..The sole approved pharmacologic therapy for this disease is hydroxyurea, with effects largely attributable to induction of fetal hemoglobin...
- Genetic modifiers of HbF and response to hydroxyurea in sickle cell diseaseNancy S Green
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:177-81. 2011..We review these methods and findings, and speculate on applying pharmaco-genetics to optimize hydroxyurea therapy aimed at increasing HbF...
- Parental and other factors associated with hydroxyurea use for pediatric sickle cell diseaseSuzette O Oyeku
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:653-8. 2013..Hydroxyurea (HU) is highly effective treatment for sickle cell disease (SCD). While pediatric use of HU is accepted clinical practice, barriers to use may impede its potential benefit...
- Fetal hemoglobin levels in African American and Hispanic children with sickle cell disease at baseline and in response to hydroxyureaKatherine L Ender
Pediatric Hematology, Columbia University Medical Center, NY 10032, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:496-9. 2011..If generalizable, our results support combining these 2 groups in future clinical and translational analyses focused on HbF and response to HU in this ethnically mixed patient population...
- Incomplete follow-up of hemoglobinopathy carriers identified by newborn screening despite reporting in electronic medical recordsMara Burney
School of Nursing, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 103:852-6. 2011..Has the recent availability of newborn hemoglobinopathy screening results within patient electronic medical records (EMR) of birth hospitals facilitated follow-up by primary care pediatric providers?..
- Emerging science of hydroxyurea therapy for pediatric sickle cell diseaseNancy S Green
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, New York
Pediatr Res 75:196-204. 2014..Understanding the genetic and other factors underlying the variability in therapeutic effects of HU for pediatric SCD is critical for prospectively predicting good responders and for designing other effective therapies. ..
- A framework for key considerations regarding point-of-care screening of newbornsAlex R Kemper
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Genet Med 14:951-4. 2012....
- Awareness of sickle cell among people of reproductive age: Dominicans and African Americans in northern ManhattanSaira Siddiqui
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, 622 W 168th St, Rm VC4 412, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Urban Health 89:53-8. 2012..Y.C. community affected by sickle conditions frequently lack basic relevant information, with larger information gaps among Dominicans. Expanded efforts are warranted to inform young adults of diverse affected communities...