John T Grbic
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The incidence of osteonecrosis of the jaw in patients receiving 5 milligrams of zoledronic acid: data from the health outcomes and reduced incidence with zoledronic acid once yearly clinical trials programJohn T Grbic
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York City, NY 10032, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1365-70. 2010....
- A phase II trial of a transmucosal herbal patch for the treatment of gingivitisJohn Grbic
Division of Oral Biology, Section of Oral and Diagnostic Sciences, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, 630 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 142:1168-75. 2011..The authors conducted a study to test site-specific therapy using a transmucosal herbal periodontal patch (THPP) that was impregnated with plant extracts reported to reduce inflammatory response...
- Incidence of osteonecrosis of the jaw in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis in the health outcomes and reduced incidence with zoledronic acid once yearly pivotal fracture trialJohn T Grbic
Divisio of Oral Biology, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:32-40. 2008..The authors determined incidence of osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) in a large, prospective three-year clinical trial of zoledronic acid in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis (PMO)...
- Gingival crevicular fluid levels of interleukin-1beta and glycemic control in patients with chronic periodontitis and type 2 diabetesSteven P Engebretson
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Division of Periodontics, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Periodontol 75:1203-8. 2004..Individual site and mean patient values were calculated. Glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels were measured from anticoagulated whole blood using an automated affinity chromatography system. Serum glucose was also determined...
- Beta-glucuronidase activity in saliva: relationship to clinical periodontal parametersIra B Lamster
Division of Periodontics, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Periodontol 74:353-9. 2003..The purpose of this cross-sectional study was to evaluate the relationship between betaG activity in saliva and periodontal clinical parameters in subjects demonstrating various levels of periodontal disease...
- Usefulness of self-reported periodontal disease to identify individuals with elevated inflammatory markers at risk of cardiovascular diseaseHeidi Mochari
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1509-13. 2008..In conclusion, self-reported periodontal disease is independently associated with inflammation and common in individuals without traditional CVD risk factors...
- Bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw: conclusions based on an analysis of case seriesRegina Landesberg
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, USA
Dent Today 25:52, 54-7. 2006..The use of intensive hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be beneficial to patients with ONJ...
- Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and management of human immunodeficiency virus infection in patients with periodontal diseaseMichael T Yin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Periodontol 2000 44:55-81. 2007
- In practice evaluation of a denture adhesive using a gnathometerJason J Psillakis
Clinical Dentistry Prosthodontics, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prosthodont 13:244-50. 2004..This in-practice evaluation assessed both a quantitative measure (force until dislodgement), without and with the adhesive, and patients' perception regarding the use of adhesive...
- GCF IL-1beta profiles in periodontal diseaseSteven P Engebretson
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Division of Periodontics, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Periodontol 29:48-53. 2002..To examine this issue, IL-1beta in GCF was evaluated from patients with varying degrees of periodontal disease. The influence of both the status of the patient and the probing depth at the sampled sites were considered in the analysis...
- The influence of diabetes on gingival crevicular fluid beta-glucuronidase and interleukin-8Steven P Engebretson
Department of Periodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Clin Periodontol 33:784-90. 2006..We examined the gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) beta-glucuronidase (BG) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) levels of periodontitis patients with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- The future of periodontal diagnostic testingJohn T Grbic
Dent Today 22:103-11; quiz 111. 2003