Mark J Graham
Affiliation: Columbia University
- What indicates competency in systems based practice? An analysis of perspective consistency among healthcare team membersMark J Graham
Center for Education Research and Evaluation, New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center and Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:187-203. 2009....
- Role-modelling in the operating room: medical student observations of exemplary behaviourSaundra E Curry
Department of Anesthesia, Faculty of Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, 622 West168th Street, New York, NY 10032
Med Educ 45:946-57. 2011..The assumption is that, if left unchecked, students will see these negative behaviours exhibited by their role models and possibly emulate them, allowing the potential reinforcement of the inappropriate behaviours...
- Assessing resident knowledge of acute pain management in hospitalized children: a pilot studyJohn M Saroyan
Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 36:628-38. 2008..Repeated administration of the PPM knowledge assessment at multiple institutions will allow further evaluation of our initial findings, and with directed educational interventions, provide opportunity for measurement of improvement...
- Discrediting the notion "working with 'crazies' will make you 'crazy'": addressing stigma and enhancing empathy in medical student educationJanis L Cutler
Department of Psychiatry, N Y S Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 125, New York, NY 10032, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:487-502. 2009....
- Do workshops in evidence-based practice equip participants to identify and answer questions requiring consideration of clinical research? A diagnostic skill assessmentPeter C Wyer
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:515-33. 2009..We conclude that faculty and residents completing standard workshops in EBP may still lack the ability to initiate and investigate original clinical inquiries using EBP skills...
- Addressing OB/GYN family planning educational objectives at a faith-based institution using the TEACH programMaryam Guiahi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Contraception 83:367-72. 2011..We describe the first formalized educational program to teach contraception, sterilization, and abortion at a Catholic institution...
- Evaluating translational research: a process marker modelWilliam Trochim
Department of Policy Analysis and Management, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:153-62. 2011..Another is to assess efforts that are intended to increase the rate and volume of translation...