Affiliation: Columbia University
- Supportive short-term family therapy by nursing staff in the inpatient unit: preventing dependence and rehospitalization in the acutely ill and suicidal adolescentUri Gokhshtein
Adolescent Inpatient Department, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
Int J Adolesc Med Health 17:299-304. 2005..This paper discusses a case which highlights how a patient reacts in crisis, and ways in which a supportive environment can help bring about therapeutic success with reduced hospitalization...
- Iowa gambling task performance in currently depressed suicide attemptersMarianne Gorlyn
Department of Molecular Imaging and Neuropathology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatry Res 207:150-7. 2013..Psychometric and conceptual issues surrounding the IGT also appear to affect its utility as a general marker of suicidal behavior risk...
- Neuropsychological characteristics as predictors of SSRI treatment response in depressed subjectsMarianne Gorlyn
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
J Neural Transm 115:1213-9. 2008..Cognitive slowing may mediate the working memory and executive function deficits found in nonresponders. These findings can inform exploration for pharmacogenetic endophenotypes...
- Early visual information processing deficit in depression with and without Borderline Personality DisorderJohn G Keilp
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University Medical College and New York State Psychiatric Institute, Box 42, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatry Res 149:139-45. 2007..Poor early information processing appears to be a feature of Borderline Personality Disorder, and may play a role in the impulsive behavior that is characteristic of the disorder...
- Attention deficit in depressed suicide attemptersJohn G Keilp
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, United States
Psychiatry Res 159:7-17. 2008....
- Suicidal ideation and the subjective aspects of depressionJohn G Keilp
Department of Molecular Imaging and Neuropathology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, NY 10032, United States
J Affect Disord 140:75-81. 2012....
- Aggressiveness, not impulsiveness or hostility, distinguishes suicide attempters with major depressionJohn G Keilp
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
Psychol Med 36:1779-88. 2006....
- The WAIS-III and major depression: absence of VIQ/PIQ differencesMarianne Gorlyn
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:1145-57. 2006..Results suggest general intellectual performance in depression is best characterized by deficits in processing speed, rather than global nonverbal abilities, and that this deficit is consistent across depression subtypes...
- Family-based association study of 5-HT(2A) receptor T102C polymorphism and suicidal behavior in Ashkenazi inpatient adolescentsGil Zalsman
Child and Adolescent Division, Geha Mental Health Center, Petach Tikva, and a Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Adolesc Med Health 17:231-8. 2005..This study used a family-based method and one homogenous ethnic group to overcome ethnic stratification in order to test this association...
- Impulsivity in the prediction of suicidal behavior in adolescent populationsMarianne Gorlyn
Department of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 17:205-9. 2005..A multiple measures approach to assessing impulsivity is suggested...