C L Gooch
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The electrodiagnosis of neuropathy: basic principles and common pitfallsClifton L Gooch
Columbia Neuropathy Research Center, Electromyography Laboratory, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 710 West 168 th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurol Clin 25:1-28. 2007....
- Stimulated single fiber electromyography in the mouse: techniques and normative dataC L Gooch
Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, 710 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Muscle Nerve 24:941-5. 2001..These observations validate the utility of S-SFEMG in mice as an index of NMJ function under a variety of physiologic conditions, and suggest that a high safety factor for neuromuscular transmission exists at mouse NMJs...
- The diabetic neuropathiesClifton Gooch
Electromyography Laboratory, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, 710 West 168th Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurologist 10:311-22. 2004..Diabetes remains the most common cause of neuropathy in the United States and is a significant source of morbidity and mortality, accounting for substantial suffering and billions of dollars in health care expenditures each year...
- ALS surrogate markers. MUNEC L Gooch
Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 5:104-7. 2004..As MUNE methods continue to be refined and disseminated, they are proving to be useful and unique tools for the study of motor neuron disease...
- Dichloroacetate causes toxic neuropathy in MELAS: a randomized, controlled clinical trialP Kaufmann
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Neurology 66:324-30. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of dichloroacetate (DCA) in the treatment of mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes (MELAS)...
- Quantitative objective markers for upper and lower motor neuron dysfunction in ALSH Mitsumoto
Eleanor and Lou Gehrig MDA ALS Research Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurology 68:1402-10. 2007..To investigate the value of objective biomarkers for upper (UMN) and lower (LMN) motor neuron involvement in ALS...
- Multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block: slow but not benignDale J Lange
Department of Neurology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Neurol 63:1778-81. 2006..To describe a patient with multifocal motor neuropathy with conduction block who had annual clinical and physiological examinations for 18 years but declined treatment for personal reasons...
- Extensor digitorum brevis test and resistance to botulinum toxin type APaul H Gordon
Department of Neurology, ACC 2, University of New Mexico, 915 Camino de Salud NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Muscle Nerve 26:828-31. 2002..Four of five resistant patients had values outside the normal range. The EDB test is a simple quantitative method of detecting resistance to BTX-A, with a sensitivity of 80% and specificity of 94%...
- Serial studies of carpal tunnel syndrome during and after pregnancyLouis H Weimer
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Muscle Nerve 25:914-7. 2002..Physiologic measures reached a nadir and then rapidly improved following conservative therapy, paralleling clinical improvement. Responses took between 6 and 20 months postpartum to approach baseline values...
- Motor unit number estimation: proClifton L Gooch
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 3:S93-4. 2002
- Randomized control trials in ALS: lessons learnedHiroshi Mitsumoto
The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig MDA/ALS Research Center, Columbia University Medical Center, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 5:8-13. 2004
- Nerve conduction abnormalities in patients with MELAS and the A3243G mutationPetra Kaufmann
Department of Neurology, Columbia University, 710 W. 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Neurol 63:746-8. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Peripheral nerve impairment is common in those with MELAS and the A3243G mutation, and may be subclinical. Male sex and older age may add to the genetic disposition to develop neuropathy...
- Motor unit number estimationJeremy M Shefner
Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory, MDA ALS Research and Treatment Center, Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 14:243-60. 2003..MUNE offers promise in the study of neuromuscular disease, enabling the collection of novel data in the living patient unobtainable by any other method...
- Motor unit number estimation in neurologic diseaseJeremy M Shefner
Department of Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory and MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Adv Neurol 88:33-52. 2002..MUNE is a technology offering important promise in the study of neuromuscular disease, enabling the collection of novel data in the living patient unobtainable by any other method...
- Treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome: is there a role for local corticosteroid injection?Clifton L Gooch
Neurology 64:2006-7. 2005