Linda P Fried
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Nonlinear multisystem physiological dysregulation associated with frailty in older women: implications for etiology and treatmentLinda P Fried
Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:1049-57. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that it is the critical mass of physiological systems abnormal that is associated with frailty, over and above the status of each individual system, and that the relationship is nonlinear...
- Global public health leadership for the twenty-first century: towards improved health of all populationsLinda P Fried
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York City, NY, USA
Glob Public Health 7:S5-15. 2012....
- MPH education for the 21st century: design of Columbia University's new public health curriculumMelissa D Begg
All the authors are with the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY
Am J Public Health 104:30-6. 2014..We have described its design and structure and presented some preliminary evaluation data. ..
- Regional and racial differences in the prevalence of physician-diagnosed essential tremor in the United StatesElan D Louis
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Mov Disord 18:1035-40. 2003..Caucasians were five times more likely to have physician-diagnosed ET than were African Americans. This study does not provide an explanation for this difference, which deserves further study...
- Ventricular structure and function in hypertensive participants with heart failure and a normal ejection fraction: the Cardiovascular Health StudyMathew S Maurer
Clinical Cardiovascular Research Laboratory for the Elderly, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Allen Pavilion of New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10034, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:972-81. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate left ventricular (LV) size and structure in elderly subjects with hypertension (HTN) and heart failure who have a normal ejection fraction (HFNEF) in a large population-based sample...
- The EXODUS of public health. What history can tell us about the futureAmy L Fairchild
Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, 722 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 100:54-63. 2010....
- Experience Corps: a dual trial to promote the health of older adults and children's academic successLinda P Fried
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 36:1-13. 2013..This trial evaluates (1) whether senior volunteer roles within Experience Corps™ beneficially impact children's academic achievement and classroom behavior in public elementary schools and (2) impact on the health of volunteers...
- MPH education for the 21st century: motivation, rationale, and key principles for the new Columbia public health curriculumLinda P Fried
The authors are with the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY
Am J Public Health 104:23-30. 2014....
- Falls and fear of falling: which comes first? A longitudinal prediction model suggests strategies for primary and secondary preventionSusan M Friedman
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1329-35. 2002..Our objectives were to determine the temporal relationship between falls and fear of falling, and to see whether these two outcomes share predictors...