Affiliation: Columbia University
- The genomics of emerging pathogensCadhla Firth
Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032 Email
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 14:281-300. 2013..Finally, we discuss how genetic data can inform our understanding of the general process of pathogen emergence. ..
- Using time-structured data to estimate evolutionary rates of double-stranded DNA virusesCadhla Firth
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 27:2038-51. 2010....
- Diversity and distribution of hantaviruses in South AmericaCadhla Firth
Center for Infection and Immunity, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Virol 86:13756-66. 2012....
- Comparative full length genome sequence analysis of Usutu virus isolates from AfricaBirgit Nikolay
Unité des Arbovirus et Virus de Fièvres Hémorragiques, Institut Pasteur de Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Virol J 10:217. 2013..To date, full length genome sequences have been available only for the reference strain from South Africa and a single isolate from each of Austria, Hungary, and Italy...
- Bats are a major natural reservoir for hepaciviruses and pegivirusesPhenix lan Quan
Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:8194-9. 2013....
- Worldwide emergence of multiple clades of enterovirus 68Rafal Tokarz
Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, Room 1701, NY 10032, USA
J Gen Virol 93:1952-8. 2012..All clades appear to be currently circulating and contributing to respiratory disease...
- Insights into the evolutionary history of an emerging livestock pathogen: porcine circovirus 2Cadhla Firth
Department of Biology, Mueller Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Virol 83:12813-21. 2009..This high rate of evolution may allow PCV2 to maintain evolutionary dynamics closer to those of single-stranded RNA viruses than to those of double-stranded DNA viruses, further facilitating the rapid emergence of PCV2 worldwide...
- Lack of evidence for an association between Iridovirus and colony collapse disorderRafal Tokarz
Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21844. 2011..Neither analysis revealed any evidence to suggest the presence of an Iridovirus in healthy or CCD colonies...
- Phylogenetic analysis reveals rapid evolutionary dynamics in the plant RNA virus genus tobamovirusIsrael Pagán
Department of Biology, Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Mol Evol 71:298-307. 2010..This is supported by our cophylogeny analysis which revealed significantly discordant evolutionary histories between the tobamoviruses and the plant families they infect...
- Characterization of a canine homolog of hepatitis C virusAmit Kapoor
Center for Infection and Immunity, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11608-13. 2011..The discovery of CHV may provide new insights into the origin and evolution of HCV and a tractable model system with which to probe the pathogenesis, prevention, and treatment of diseases caused by hepacivirus infection...
- Astrovirus encephalitis in boy with X-linked agammaglobulinemiaPhenix lan Quan
Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:918-25. 2010..Our findings expand the spectrum of causative agents associated with encephalitis and highlight unbiased molecular technology as a valuable tool for differential diagnosis of unexplained disease...
- Viral surveillance and discoveryWALTER IAN LIPKIN
Center for Infection and Immunity, Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10025, USA
Curr Opin Virol 3:199-204. 2013....